jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

1. Mark Johann profile image64
    Mark Johannposted 3 years ago

Many observe that some hubs are copied by some crappy blogs. I see some of mine but with only part of it, a snippets shall we say.

1. Georgie Lowery profile image96
      Georgie Loweryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There was recently a music blog that had gotten I'm guessing all of its content from scraping Hubs. They got six of mine. A lot of us filed DCMAs and the site was taken down. I shudder to think of how many other places have stolen our work. Some folks online talk about how HubPages will let anybody write a crappy old Hub, but they can't all be crappy if other folks keep on stealing them!

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image82
    LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago

This has been happening for some time now. The only recourse, according to staff, is for you to file a DMCA with Google and the offending site since we are the owners of the material and HP can't do anything on our behalf. The only other avenue would be to somehow make the HP filters that check for copied content to be made to actually work.
    Here is another forum on this same topic:  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/111337

1. galleryofgrace profile image82
      galleryofgraceposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I can't help but wonder if HP filed DMCA's for the sections of their website that were copied.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm on a mission to stop people filing DMCA's with Google!

Yes, it gets the posts (not necessarily the whole site) removed from Google's search engine results, but that's all it does - and with Google getting overwhelmed, it's becoming a slow process.  It also doesn't remove the site from Yahoo or Bing.

Whereas if the site has Adsense and you report them to Adsense, the blogger will lose his Adsense account.  Without any way of earning money, it's not worth the blogger's while to run a blog.  Isn't that a better revenge?

If they don't have Adsense, you can report them to their hosting company, who will close down the site.

I do both and it gives me far more satisfaction than just reporting to Google.

1. 0
        Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

You're very savvy.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Re-reading my post, it makes me sound rather vindictive as well.  Oh, dear!

1. tmbridgeland profile image85
            tmbridgelandposted 3 years ago in reply to this

No, it is justice. It would be vindictive if you tracked them down and personally punished them. Even so, we will never get paid back the $ they stole from us.