Is Your Hub Copied On One Of This Blogger's Blogs?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 55 discussions (105 posts)
  1. Alison Graham profile image95
    Alison Grahamposted 11 years ago

I recently found one of my hubs copied on a blogger blog. The whole text, images and amazon adverts were there!
    I contacted another hubber Rajan Jolly as one of his hubs was also copied. I have to thank him for identifying and locating this blogger's profile here. It seems he has about 40 blogs on a variety of topics and there are many of my fellow hubbers hubs copied verbatim.
    I don't know how I can let everyone know individually but please check here to see if your blog is copied and take action.

Here is the profile link to all of this bloggers' blogs

http://www.blogger.com/profile/10336621436248042740

It is quite easy to file a take down notice to Blogger - you can find all the information here

http://support.google.com/blogger/bin/a … wer=157218

Rajan has already identified 7 more of his hubs that have been copied.

1. NateB11 profile image86
      NateB11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

One thing I noticed is that there are no ads on those blogs. I don't think this person is trying to make money; either that or they're trying to get an adsense account, or just haven't gotten to putting ads on the blogs yet. Makes me think, even innocently, they just like the posts and wanted to put them somewhere. Of course, they haven't given credit either. I realize it's still a problem, just noticed a few things about that. I can't imagine what the motive would be, other than something relatively innocent. I could be wrong.

Edit: Just re-read your original post, realizing you said the article of yours which was copied, included ads. So, I guess I was wrong. Probably they haven't gotten around to putting ads on the other ones I looked at yet. In which case, this is blatant disregard on this person's part. Astounding.

Another thing I just noticed: One post included backlinks to HubPages Hubs. I think it could have been accidental, just ended up there in the copy and paste they did. Still makes me wonder if it's all just a blunder rather than bad intent.

1. nuffsaidstan profile image70
        nuffsaidstanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Just noticed that there are some adverts on some of his blogs

1. NateB11 profile image86
          NateB11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I'm sure there are. I was just looking at it a little bit. Alison had said there were ads on the one he/she stole from her. I'm always surprised how people don't want to do their own work. I'd rather create than steal. Clearly some people are interested in money and not creating something.

Edit: And I'm certainly glad this was brought to our attention. Thank you, Alison.

2. profile image0
        GoldenThreadPressposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There are ads on the blogs. After reviewing a number of them, it is sickening to see the hard work of great Hubbers being panhandled like that. What a shame.--Deb

2. adjkp25 profile image83
      adjkp25posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for bringing attention to this crook.  I found one of mine and a few others from hubbers I recognized so I sent them emails to let them know they had some of their hard work stolen.

It appears that this person just casually helped themselves to whatever hubs they liked and then copied them to their blog.

1. moonlake profile image85
        moonlakeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks he has one of mine on there too.

2. profile image0
        Bronwyn J Hansenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have just found a Hub by fordie on this blog. Since we longer have the option to email each other, I have tweeted fordie about it.

1. mary615 profile image82
          mary615posted 11 years agoin reply to this

To email a Hubber: go to their profile page, click on their "fan mail".  You will see "send ____an email" option at the upper right top.  It's still there, it's just hard to find.

1. profile image0
            Bronwyn J Hansenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Aha! Thank you Mary. Sorry Team.

3. mary615 profile image82

He got two of mine (that I know of).  I asked him in the comment section to remove my work and that I was reporting him for copying my work.  He includes my photos and everything!
        I fill out the forms to Google to report him.

4. Chinaimport profile image79
        Chinaimportposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Alison,

After reading your post I did some search too and discovered that another blogger http://allnetfun.blogspot.co.uk/ has put many links from Hubpages articles (including mine) to his blog.

He has copied hub title, rich snippets & link to his blog.  I do not know if this amounts to copying or not.  It seems he is using hubs title and link in some way to drive traffic to his page.

Is it something to worry about? May be some Hubber with SEO experience can explain what that blogger is trying to do?

5. howtolearnmore profile image60
        howtolearnmoreposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There maybe is a side benefit to that: because your content gets syndicated, your hubs will get more value (that is if you've linked out to your other hubs), which might make it go up in search engine rankings, therefore giving you more traffic.

However, it's still not cool to steal everything

6. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

He hasn't gotten any of mine, but when I did a quick scan, I noticed some that I had seen here on HP.  He needs to be put out of business, asap.

7. calynbana profile image77
        calynbanaposted 11 years agoin reply to this
    3. Simone Smith profile image85
      Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

Thanks for sharing that, Alison Graham!

To add to what you've said, I'd like to share our broad LC entry on filing a DMCA complaint for stolen content: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/how- … -complaint big_smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Simone, or anyone that may know, can we use a Copyscape plagiarism warning image on our articles?

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image80
          Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm thinking the copycats don't even bother to read what they steal - they must have some way of finding articles they can copy that have good traffic, and they just cut & paste.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
            rebekahELLEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I know. 
            I just found one of mine copied a few places. One has a link back, two others don't. They just added words.  It would be nice to place their small gif. underneath the title, it might stop the ignorant ones from copying, that don't realize you can't copy and paste part of an article onto your school's webpage.

4. Jmillis2006 profile image61
      Jmillis2006posted 11 years ago

How did you find your hubs copied there

Alison Grahamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

When I am checking for whether my hubs have been copied, I just take a random sentence from the hub and put it in quotation marks ("sentence") and paste this into the Google search bar. This returns any articles that are published with the same sentence.

After that it is just a matter of checking whether this is a co-incidence or my article has been copied in full (or in part). In addition, if the search results say that Google has omitted some pages from the search results that are very similar, do you want the search repeated with the omitted results included, say yes and you might turn up something else. In some cases, my hub has been omitted, not the copied page (which is particularly annoying because that page will have been getting my traffic!).

5. michellebell1972 profile image68
      michellebell1972posted 11 years ago

Wow, that's just wrong!! Thank you for the information!!

1. sallybea profile image81
        sallybeaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That is really useful information, thank you so much for sharing that info,

6. Evans4life profile image68
      Evans4lifeposted 11 years ago

Thanks for sharing.  I'll keep my eye open!

7. hobbitslair profile image59
      hobbitslairposted 11 years ago

Thanks for sharing^^

8. story-maker profile image59
      story-makerposted 11 years ago

i'm confused!! is that good or bad for use!
      how to stop it and how to handle this thing? hmm

9. rfmoran profile image68
      rfmoranposted 11 years ago

Yes, one of my hubs, including my own photos was copied word for word. I've put the author on notice. Thanks for the link info for sending complaints to blogger

10. Rui Carreira profile image86
      Rui Carreiraposted 11 years ago

The guys is building MNS - Micro Niche Websites with your content... mine isn't there, lucky me, as he seems to have focused on some individuals... trying to earn with your articles... tsk tsk

11. Judi Bee profile image90
      Judi Beeposted 11 years ago

Why, yes he is stealing my content!  Thanks very much for the heads up Alison - DMCA form filled and sent.

12. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 11 years ago

Yep. The crook has one of my most visited hubs - original pics and all.

13. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image80
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

I have a new variation on this - I entered a search for a random phrase from what had been my best-performing hub, and this is what pops up:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d& … mp;bih=681

Rats - the link looks like garbage - not sure if it will show.  It has several entirely unrelated websites that pop up from a phrase that's clearly part of my hub, but when you click on the links, there's no sign of the hub.  What in the world is going on???? This is all from a Google search.

1. moonlake profile image85
        moonlakeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There was a guy a few weeks ago, I call him craft guy and he was just taking words from hubs. When I clicked on the words it went to an ad. I filed a DMAC and they took him down.

2. Horatio Plot profile image74
        Horatio Plotposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Marcy, you say the websites are entirely unrelated, but they are not. I checked; they are all run by the same guy. I've found the same thing with some of my hubs. It's exactly the same situation as you have. The same phrase show up on loads of sites, on some of which I can find the hub or phrase when I click through and on some of which I can't. When I've found the actual hub - which is only twice - I've filed a DMCA Complaint with the guy – it’s the same guy by the way - and they've been taken down within the hour.
        I have a feeling that loads and loads of hubs are being copied multiple times. There is site-wide, widespread, systematic copying going on here but I have no idea of the reason why. I’ve checked the Whois entries and this thief is listed as the registrant of 229 domain names.
        Rui Carreira posts above that the chap is most likely building MNS (Micro Niche Websites) with our content. I have not heard of that before and have no idea what the benefits would be to him, but the copied hubs do appear to be being used as fillers on a variety of niche sites – certainly my hub on Tower Bridge appears on sites for Mixed Martial Arts and Carpet Cleaning along with a lot of old gibberish that is just repeated again and again. 
        This guy is in my opinion somehow making his living out of copying our content and posting them on multiple sites.
        For your information his name is Dan Gordon and his address is listed as 2950 New Market Street, Bellingham, Washington, 98226. Oh, and if you need to email him a DMCA Complaint you can get him at zombiitv@gmail.com

14. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years ago

Just a request - when you post a link to a thief, please make sure you break the link.

We should all be aware of the value of backlinks. Posting a link to the thief gives his blog a boost in the search engine rankings - something none of us want to give him!

The link I posted is for the search results in Google.  It's really odd - all these sites pop up as being related to my hub.  Some are difficult to click on, so I can learn much about them. I ran searches for two separate internal phrases, and the same list of sites popped up.

BTW - I agree that we should not post the actual link to the thief's site - it just drives traffic to them.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
          Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't replying to you specifically, Marcy - just a general note to all posters. 

I had a look at your results - that is indeed weird!   I find the same thing occasionally. It's usually because that the blogger has removed the post and Google hasn't crawled the blog since it was removed.  However, I've never seen so many results like that at the same time!

15. craftdrawer profile image69
      craftdrawerposted 11 years ago

That's too bad instead of copying a Hub create your own article in a blog and link to someone's Hub giving them credit for the idea or share what they have to say.

I like to write what I like about a Hub in my blog and than post a link for others to go and read what I have enjoyed.  It gets readers to my blog and I am helping other enjoy some great Hubs!

16. profile image0
      Bronwyn J Hansenposted 11 years ago

jen-ann & mistyhorizon2003 have both had Hubs on pets stolen - complete with photos.

17. profile image0
      GoldenThreadPressposted 11 years ago

I also recognized one of our Hubber's articles (vespawoolf) and alerted her about this situation. Hopefully, she will be able to get her Hub(s?) off of this site. Thanks for letting us know what is going on out there in Internet Land!--Deb

18. daisydayz profile image84
      daisydayzposted 11 years ago

Can't see any of mine luckily, but my gosh that is aweful that he is just stealing peoples work and probably making money off them too.

19. maalarue profile image73
      maalarueposted 11 years ago

A great way to find copies or duplicates of your Hub article is by using www.copyscape.com. Just do a search with you Hub url address and it will find duplicates on the internet. Unfortunately I have noticed that this only works if you Hub is still active. So if it has been suspend by Hubpages for a duplicate violation then it will not work.

20. Hideki-ryuga profile image66
      Hideki-ryugaposted 11 years ago

I have just published a hub about How to Check for Plagiarism for Free. This include some helpful services like CopyScape and others. Some paid services like Plagspotter will even monitor your hubs or websites and notify you if any violation happen.

21. Greekgeek profile image77
      Greekgeekposted 11 years ago

savingkathy -- thanks for letting me know that this guy was copying my hubs (and liked them so much, he copied them twice!)

Alison, thanks for the heads up and the easy link to the DMCA notice. I have filed for the two that savingkathy caught; now I'm going to have a fun (not) lunch break seeing if he grabbed any more of mine.

22. innerspin profile image88
      innerspinposted 11 years ago

I've just seen one of Dr. Mark's hubs there so have emailed him. There's another hub there about naming Golden Retrievers that I've read here but can't remember who wrote it. Shocking. Hope he gets taken down.

1. Judi Bee profile image90
        Judi Beeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for noticing my Golden Retrievers hub innerspin - luckily I spotted it earlier thanks to this thread and a DMCA form has been sent.

23. profile image0
      GoldenThreadPressposted 11 years ago

I agree with rebekahElle and I have already gone to the Copyscape site and placed a "Protected by Copyscape" (Link: http://www.copyscape.com/banners.php?o=f) banner on my personal website. It is easy to do and I would think that if HP thought it was a good idea, it could be placed easily on our profile page maybe up at the top, right by "follow me." It would definitely be up front and viewed by everyone. Better still, it would nice if we could have this service or something similar installed onsite. I'd like to be warned, as I know others would, too. Even so, look at the great and quick response by our own diligent Hubbers. I'm glad that I'm a part of a group that truly cares about others. --Deb

Would it be OK to place the copyscape banner on our individual Hubs??

24. snakeslane profile image82
      snakeslaneposted 11 years ago

Just to add to the conversation, I just found one of my poems copied by a person on FanStory. The profile: 'Rosebramble' has used a verse from my poem and added her own copyright to it! Outright theft. I've notified the site, and left her a message asking her to remove it immediately. I guess filing a complaint is next. I'm wondering how many other poems she has lifted from Hub Pages.

25. ritsukakunx profile image60
      ritsukakunxposted 11 years ago

He took one of mine -- http://beauty12312.blogspot.com/2011/08 … reams.html

Why? I don't know! Makes me mad because he has ads on that page. o__o

26. DrMark1961 profile image97
      DrMark1961posted 11 years ago

Innerspin, thanks for letting me know that I was one of the victims of the scam-there were actually THREE of my hubs on there! I have already filed a complaint with google. There was also one of sgbrowns, and another from turtlewoman, so I am sending them emails.

1. innerspin profile image88
        innerspinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome, DrMark, I saw the other 2 after mailing you. Glad to hear you're on the case. There's a hub, "I hate our underground house" that's on there twice, unfortunately I can't remember who wrote it. Hope they see this thread.

1. profile image0
          GoldenThreadPressposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I saw this same Hub and I believe the Hubber is MizBejabbers. The title had been changed, interestingly enough. It's original title is "We don't like our Underground House." Pretty lame of this guy to try to change a word or two. Lucky for us, we not only are great writers but great readers, too!. I'll notify her and forward her the info. --Deb

1. innerspin profile image88
            innerspinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think that was me misremembering the title. Good to hear you're letting her know.

27. snakeslane profile image82
      snakeslaneposted 11 years ago

Regarding my previous post about copied content on FanStory, the site has taken down the poem and the profile is no longer available, that was quick!

Yay!  Good work!

Maybe we need to schedule a Spring Cleaning Day for all of us here - we can track down copied work, and cruise HP for junk to report.

1. snakeslane profile image82
          snakeslaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Marcy, thanks. I was so thankful for this blog today, as I learned how to do a search using text from my original poem, and sure enough, found it listed on another site.

28. faythef profile image58
      faythefposted 11 years ago

I saw one on there that I remember seeing here on a hubpage , but can't remember whose it was..It was a turkey stuffing casserole...

29. Suzie HQ profile image91
      Suzie HQposted 11 years ago

Thanks innerspin for alerting me too, they got one of mine and I will check for more. Sent in the complaint form. Can't believe HOW many fellow hubber's work is on there!
      Great shout Alison, will spread the word.

30. Deltachord profile image61
      Deltachordposted 11 years ago

Both of these bloggers should be reported to blogger. They aren't writing their own articles and quoting from the Hubber's articles and giving credit for the quotes. They are plagerizing.

31. Melovy profile image94
      Melovyposted 11 years ago

I've just found a substantial portion of one of my recipes on a site called createapartybag.co.uk/clive-caterpillar-s-party-blog. (www not included to avoid giving a backlink.)
      There are several other recipes on this site, so there's a good chance they've copied parts of other hubs. There's also several posts about kids' parties, so anyone who has written hubs on those should probably take a look.

32. profile image0
      Saire Schwartzposted 11 years ago

I dont know if anyone mentioned it yet, but myows.com is a good place to get your original works such as blog topics and articles copyright to prove they are your originial works. Look into it...?

myows.com

33. JKenny profile image88
      JKennyposted 11 years ago

I didn't see any of mine are there, but I did recognise one of Wesman's hubs on there about the Indigo Snake, so I've contacted him via Facebook. I'm sure Google will remove it asap, as it doesn't exactly look good on their part.

I saw that, too.  This guy must like snakes!  He copied my Venomous Snakes in Florida complete with my photos!  He chose three of my best performing Hubs to copy.

1. Pearldiver profile image68
          Pearldiverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Snakes!!!  OMG... Has anyone emailed Randy (SSSS) Godwin and told him that his whole family has been captured and tagged by that sleazy thief??  yikes

34. Deltachord profile image61

Thanks Saire Schwartz for the myows.com information.

35. Melovy profile image94
      Melovyposted 11 years ago

Has anyone written a hub titled "Flesh & Bone: Book 3 in the Rot & Ruin Series by Jonathan Maberry "?
      I can't find it by doing a search here, but I've just found a copy of it on a Blogspot blog: booksforteensandyoungadults (it's blogspot.co.uk)
      It has all the hallmarks of a hub and 2 of my hubs are copied there, and an article called Gifted: Chapter 12, which may or may not be a hub. I

36. Suzie HQ profile image91
      Suzie HQposted 11 years ago

Just to let everyone know I have just found one of my hubs on another site
      http://www.mysocialpick.com/

I have submitted a complaints form through Alison's link at the top. Worth checking out this site to make sure your work is not there.

37. vespawoolf profile image92
      vespawoolfposted 11 years ago

I filed a complaint with Google and received a reply today. They're removing the plaigarized content from the blog. So thank you for letting us know about it!

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
        DrMark1961posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Do you know how long it took for a reply from the big G? I filed too but have never received a reply so am not sure whether to file again or just wait for them.

I received a "canned" reply from the big G the afternoon of the same day I filed a complaint on my three the blogger stole.  Said something like:  Due to the huge volume they receive, I may not hear back from them for a few days.  That was 3 days ago.

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
            DrMark1961posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Mary I got the same sort of reply. It has been 5 days ago.

2. lanablackmoor profile image79
            lanablackmoorposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow, sorry to all of you who've had your hard work and creativity infringed upon by copycats. I haven't found any of mine in this batch, but I've been plagiarized and stolen from in the past so I know what a frustrating experience it is. I use copyscape regularly now, it really is a wonderful resource.

This is the message I get when I click on the link in the first post: The Blogger Profile you requested cannot be displayed. Many Blogger users have not yet elected to publicly share their Profile.

It's slightly concerning that this isn't the error message I've seen in the past when Blogger has taken a blog down due to ToS violations, such as plagiarism. It seems to imply that the user simply made the content private.

2. Alison Graham profile image95

thats great news vespawoolf, I haven't heard from them yet but hope I will get the same result!

have now heard from Google that my copied hub has been removed from this bloggers blog.

38. profile image0
      SaritaJBonitaposted 11 years ago

Thanks, I will share this with my followers!

39. AmyKogan profile image60
      AmyKoganposted 11 years ago

Copying is a major problem

40. Deltachord profile image61

There is a Hub promoting copy and paste to get make daily post. I started a thread on this: promoting copy and paste.

I'm not sure I understand you Deltachord and I cannot find your thread, perhaps you could post a link.
        I would say that  on finding a piece of content that is worthy of being shared with a wider audience, there is merit in doing so provided that you have the author's permission and provide them with attribution in the manner they request.
        Copying someone else's work without their permission whether this is text, video or images cannot be described in any other way than theft.
        The really annoying thing for small bloggers is that their content can appear on other, more highly ranked sites, ranked higher in the search engines than their own, original work which results in their potential traffic being 'stolen' as well as their work.

41. Deltachord profile image61

This is the thread: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/109031
      The title is shown below.

How I Promoted My Personal Blog To Get 2000 Constant Daily Traffic

In his second numbered paragraph, he talks about using copy and paste. He is talking about having posts for each day and using other people's work.

42. Savio Dawson profile image91
      Savio Dawsonposted 11 years ago

Hi,

This is interesting because just today someone had copied one of my hubs verbatim. I reported the matter to the concerned site and they had the article taken down.

Fellow hubbers can check if their work too has been copied. Here is the specific url:

http://www.abcarticledirectory.com/Arti … ng/1798496

Go ahead and check the author or the entire site through copyscape.

Regards,
      Savio.

43. profile image0
      Bob Bambergposted 11 years ago

Hi Alison,

I found a bunch of mine copied as well.  I recognized the works of other hubbers and contacted them in case they didn't see your post.  The plagiarist is truly a jerk...but we must admit, s/he does have discriminating tastes.

44. Californialaw profile image60
      Californialawposted 11 years ago

You actually see this a lot on the internet. They basically just scrape everyone's content by copying and pasting videos, article etc. Then they collect on the ad impressions. Most of the time they eventually get caught but a lot of them arent US based so it doesnt do much good

45. Judi Bee profile image90
      Judi Beeposted 11 years ago

Just had a message from Google to let me know that they are going to remove my copied hub from the plagiarist's blog smile

1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image94
        Glimmer Twin Fanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have not heard anything so far from google, but cannot go to the link anymore.  Was not sure if they would send me anything or not so I will keep looking.

46. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image94
      Glimmer Twin Fanposted 11 years ago

Just received a note from google stating the following:

"Upon recent review of the mentioned URL, we were unable to locate the content in question. If this matter is still a concern, please reply to this email with detailed information to enable us to locate the content and we will further investigate your request. Thank you very much for your cooperation and assistance in this matter."

Maybe the person took down the blog.  Can't access it so not sure how to proceed.  Hopefully it has been resolved.

1. Judi Bee profile image90
        Judi Beeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps they had so many complaints that they took down all his blogs, or alternatively, he saw what was going on and jumped before he was pushed.  Either way, a good result for us.

47. Deltachord profile image61

I'm glad it has been taken down, Glimmer Twin Fan.

The blogger who copied our hubs (as in my first post here) has now lost all his blogs - all 40 or so, they have all been taken down (his profile is not available in addition to the few blogs I checked) so, if you haven't already filed a takedown request for this particular case, I would say, no need now! Well done everybody!

1. Deltachord profile image61
          Deltachordposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's great. Did you find my forum thread? I posted the thread's address as requested.

Hi Deltachord, yes I did find your forum thread but I couldn't find the hub you mentioned - I wondered if it had been removed? perhaps you could put the address but break the link so it does not link to the hub if it is still live and of concern?

1. Deltachord profile image61
              Deltachordposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I searched HubPages and can't find it now,  I guess it is gone.

2. mary615 profile image82

Well done, indeed!!!!

48. Gail Meyers profile image63
      Gail Meyersposted 11 years ago

I have noticed that when I research a topic.  You will read information, then read the exact same information on 10 different sites that people have just cut and pasted it to.  Just last night I found another one of my hubs copied and pasted onto a blog, but they did give me credit.  I don't think it was the entire hub, but it was several paragraphs.

49. mary615 profile image82
      mary615posted 11 years ago

I am SO happy!     So the big "G" must have nailed him.  But you know, there will always be others who do the same thing.  We all just have to stick together and watch each other's back just like we did this time.  I would never have known my Hubs were stolen if another Hubber had not told me, and then I saw this thread that Allison started.

50. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
      mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years ago

Thanks to Bronwyn I found out about a hub of mine this guy had copied. I filed a DMCA and complained to Blogger about four days ago, and finally today got the message that the content could not be found (checked and it was already gone). I had already commented on the blogger entry he had made using my article, and I had demanded he take it down, but he had ignored it. For now he has gone, but nothing is stopping him taking our articles again and posting them on a new site. We are fighting a never ending battle.

Again, thank you Bronwyn for contacting me to let me know smile

51. john000 profile image92
      john000posted 11 years ago

Glad the content taken from you disappeared. Sometimes writing to the author or his group admin gets a result. In all honesty, my experience is that it does little good. Most of the time I go to Google for relief. My dashboard at Google's DMCA site for infringement is full of articles removed. It is rather depressing to see folks taking stuff and simply adding as posts to their blogs. I am sure they have found it very beneficial. I wish there was a better solution to the problem as it is pervasive.
      Maybe a rule could be instituted that after an "author" has had 2, 3,4,5, heck, 100 articles removed they could be banned from Google search? But, I guess these guys change their names and sites so it makes tracking difficult for Google. Hey, with freedom comes fraud. Play the game and stay happy.
      Cheers.

Yes, there will be other thieves just waiting to snag our work.  I will be more diligent in checking.  I had not done that before, so I have learned a valuable lesson, thanks to this guy!  Then they have to nerve to place ads on our work.  Thanks again everyone for taking action on this!

the worrying thing is that the ads were just lifted from our pages - certainly in the case of Amazon ads - this means that our Amazon afffilate code was being used on a site which did not conform with Amazon TOS so we could have had problems with our accounts on top of everything else!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)