jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Related Searches ad units related to Hub content?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago

When I look at a Hub, I see "related searches" to the side and at the bottom.

The search topics are not related to the topic of the Hub in any way.   They are related to other topics I write about.

Is that the way it's supposed to be?  I'd have thought Google wouldn't like that because the topics are NOT relevant.

2. brianrock profile image90
    brianrockposted 3 years ago

I think those "Related Searches" are actually a form of a Google ad unit. When you click on it, you end up with a custom search results, and that can in turn earn AdSense revenue.

So those searches are most likely related to your browsing history, the same way that all AdSense ads are linked to your own browsing history.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I wondered about that - but some of the "related searches" were for things I don't generally search for, but that I do have a Hub about.

2. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

"Related Searches" is indeed an ad unit, and those searches are based on something logical, but our ads are not my area of expertise, so I'm pinging Marina to see if she can provide any more insights. big_smile

working