jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Do groups ever get hubs de-indexed?

1. gosupress profile image75
    gosupressposted 3 years ago

Recently I have been writing more hubs because they were doing well and my traffic was improving fast and now suddenly they have dropped of the face of the earth.

For one the reason was: it was copied and I filed a DMCA but the others are a complete mystery to me.

Traffic went from 200 a day to like 30 a day and like 0 from Google.

The only thing I changed was that I moved my hubs into groups. Anyone ever encountered Google problems when he moved hubs into Groups?

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't see how moving your Hubs into a Group would affect your traffic; Grouping Hubs just adds links to two other Hubs in that Group to the bottom of each Hub in the Group. The drop in traffic is probably unrelated.

2. Savio Dawson profile image84
    Savio Dawsonposted 3 years ago

Hi Gosupress,

I have noticed this phenomenon before and usually happens when we publish new hubs.. When new hubs are published there is increase in referral traffic, from hubpages members hopping our hubs... This I guess, is what brings down the rank for Google and therefore the article falls out of the first page and in many instances beyond the second and third page... But the good news is that once this initial spike  because of hubpages community comes down, the google ranks revive, if the article is good...

Three of my articles were in the top 3 constantly, but it went down, once I published six hubs together, but after about 2 weeks, it was back at the top... So, I think it is a momentary drop and should revive... Happy Writing!!

gosupressposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hey Savio yeah I understand that I get some temporary traffic within hubpages but one of the examples has had like 500 visits, and most by Google. It was ranking nicely for a while. I can imagine it dropping in rank... no problem but it got de-indexed (vanished from Google) and it's not the only one unfortunately.

gosupressposted 3 years ago in reply to this

actually there are only 2 that got de-indexed that I found so far. 1 was the copied one, which should come back. Some others lost a lot of rank but that might be due to losing the backlinks from Squidoo.

3. gosupress profile image75
    gosupressposted 3 years ago

Thanks Simone,

I have one example that was clearly attracting daily Google traffic and then suddenly it vanished from the index, I can't find it anymore searching for the title or phrases from within.

I'm using a premium copyscape version and i can find a little bit of duplicate content (like you normally do when checking a hubpage) but no copies that deserve any mention...

Is it normal for hubs to get de-indexed? And what can possibly have caused this...

I didn't build links or anything... I may have lost some linkjuice from Squidoo because they are no-follow now but that should not have caused de-indexing.

I don't understand what's going on. 

Just thought of something, is it possible Google views the hubpages referral links, like paid links?