Can you answer your polls & ratings capsule? And some more questions

1. Ceres Schwarz profile image12
    Ceres Schwarzposted 3 years ago

My hubs have the polls capsule. Is it okay if I answer those polls too or is that only for the other people reading the hub?

My review-based hubs have the ratings capsule. Is it okay if I give a rating to whatever I'm reviewing?

In Amazon, I noticed that some of the product images there are customer images. When we're writing a hub about an Amazon product, can we use those customer images for that specific product or do we have to stick to the images that Amazon provides?

In Google webmaster tools, if I already used the "fetch as Google" on one of my hubs and also submitted it to index, is it okay if I fetch the hub again and submit it to index again if I make changes to the hub?

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer my questions. Sorry if they are pretty unrelated. Would it have been better to create different forums for each of these questions?

1. Simone Smith profile image90
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It is fine if you answer your own polls and contribute a rating to your Ratings Capsules, Ceres Schwarz! Of course, the Ratings Capsule also has a setting where you can simply provide your own star rating from the start (the single person review).
      I am not sure if one can use customer images in one's Hub; I know one can use official product images in one's Hub if that product is featured in an Amazon Capsule within the same Hub, but am unsure if this rule applies to user-generated content, so unless you find a definitive answer on that, I would avoid incorporating those images into your work.
      I do not think it is necessary to manually fetch Hubs every time they are updated. Perhaps it would be more effective to increase your crawl rate:
      Hope that helps!

1. Ceres Schwarz profile image12
        Ceres Schwarzposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the answers Simone. I haven't answered my own polls or contributed a rating to my ratings capsule because I was unsure if I could. Thanks for the clarification on that. My ratings capsule is the multiple person ratings one where other people can rate the product being reviewed.

I did try searching around regarding the Amazon images but couldn't find anything, which was why I thought of asking here and seeing what other people knew and thought of. I have avoided using those customer images  and just used the official images from Amazon. But it would be nice to be able to use those customer images because sometimes there are really good images there. Or maybe Amazon could just add more official images of their products to better showcase said products.

Oh, okay. Thanks for that. I believe I already increased my crawl rate. I guess it's okay then.