jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Unauthorized links on my hubs.

1. rfmoran profile image90
    rfmoranposted 4 years ago

I have just come across something outrageous. There are countless links on my hubs that weren't put there by me, and that take readers back to the site of the linking party. Two prominent ones are smartshopper.com and yellowmoxie.com. Anybody experienced this?
    This happens in all browsers. I've also just noticed that it happens on my blog as well!

2. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 4 years ago

Sounds like you have some adware on your computer.  This can happen if you download software or add toolbar extentsions.  Those add are being served just to you.  If you added anything recently to your computer, go back and check if you also allowed the adware to be installed.

rfmoranposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your input. What finally worked was this: go to textenhance.com - at the bottom of the first pate is an :opt out" link. That did it! You need to do it for any browser that you use.

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

As livewithrichard says, it is most likely something you picked up.  I don't see any ads on any of your hubs I glanced at that don't belong there, or links going anywhere but where they should be.  Looks like you're the only one seeing the "bad" links; adware dedicated just to you, then.

Thank you.. What finally worked was this: go to textenhance.com - at the bottom of the first pate is an :opt out" link. That did it! You need to do it for any browser that you use.

4. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

As stated above, it's a virus which inserts spam and malware into your computer and browser. Here is a guide to removing it, although there are dozens of others if you search yellow moxie spam on Google wink

http://blog.yoocare.com/remove-yellowmo … -redirect/

Thank you. Here's what worked: go to textenhance.com - at the bottom of the first pate is an :opt out" link. That did it! You need to do it for any browser that you use.

5. sleepylog profile image90
    sleepylogposted 4 years ago

Download the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-malware tool, it picks up just about any malware and adware. http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Run it in Safe Mode in case you have anything on your system that would try to stop it from running. If it's not picked up by, then it could be a virus, but it sounds more like malware or adware.

Thanks for your input. What worked was this:go to textenhance.com - at the bottom of the first pate is an :opt out" link. That did it! You need to do it for any browser that you use.

working