jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Copied hubs beating originals in Google SERPs

1. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 3 years ago

Due to another thread about copied hubs I have just been searching for a hub that was copied onto blogger.
    (Saudi Arabia Hotels: Jeddah: Dammam: Riyadh: Al-Khobar)

I searched for a phrase from my hub without using quotes ("phrase") only to find that the copy (S) comes out top of Google results with my hub no where to be seen on the first few pages. The same if I use the title of the hub also!

If I use quotes then I find my hub first in the SERPS... but how many searchers use quotes, and what other searches is this affecting??

Something must be seriously wrong with Google if copies are now beating originals!!

This is far from a successful hub but it is featured and gets a handful of searches most days!

1. tirelesstraveler profile image85
      tirelesstravelerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Tearing my hair out too. Don't have time to track down all the thieves.

2. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This is usually a clear sign of a panda slap, but with the flux that's going on right now and Google saying they are rolling out Panda over 10 days (started on the 18th) I think we just have to wait for things to settle down before any conclusions can be drawn.

1. LeanMan profile image82
        LeanManposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't think this is anything to do with a panda slap as my traffic is unaffected on the whole, in fact I have quite a few of the ole red arrows on many of my hubs.
        Traffic is changing however; certainly for my middling to low performing hubs which seem to be in a state of flux with some gaining and others losing while my higher trafficked hubs seem to be pretty much as they were.

The hub shows fine in first position when searched for with quotes but searched without quotes Google is returning the copies first which once upon a time it did not - something seems to be rotten in the state of Google!!

Something they have changed is somehow promoting copied content before original which supposedly it shouldn't. Has anyone else seen this?

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago

I think Google's 'freshness' factor is affecting a lot of the results.  They need to figure it out, 'freshness' in no way indicates quality.