jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Is hopping hubs worthwhile?

1. Sherry Hewins profile image94
    Sherry Hewinsposted 3 years ago

A high percentage of those who apply to hop hubs for pay on Mechanical Turk are turned down because they do not pass the qualification test. Any hubber can hop hubs if they want to (unpaid of course), but HP may adjust or ignore their ratings if they do not match with those of their "Gold Panel." My question is, if I've been turned down on Mechanical Turk, is it of any value to HP for me to hop hubs, or am I just wasting my time?

1. Georgie Lowery profile image95
      Georgie Loweryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I got turned down on mTurk  and I frequently do hop Hubs, I just use the old version of the Hopper so that I can leave comments and follow the Hubber if I want to. Truthfully, I just use it as a way to find interesting new Hubs, anyway. Hopping gives us the opportunity to vote Hubs up or down and report any violations we find, so that's a good benefit to HP. smile

2. ThelmaC profile image90
    ThelmaCposted 3 years ago

I enjoy hopping hubs when I have the time to do so.  I like the old classic hopper best.  I haven't considered mechanical turk.  I simply enjoy reading other people's hubs in hopes of learning something new and finding other hubbers with my same interests to follow.

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

You can't go on Mturk in Australia sad