jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Google and hubviews

1. Isabella Snow profile image89
    Isabella Snowposted 8 years ago

For Mr. Deeds! smile

Do our pageviews from inside hubpages (people not entering via google, etc) affect our google ranking at all? Does it help in the same way as backlinks or searching/entering from google would? Or do those clicks have no effect at all?

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

I do not believe traffic of any kind will directly affect your google ranking (although I suppose it is possible they use traffic data collected from the google toolbar to influence search results).

However, traffic is likely to raise your HubScore which will improve your hubs internal positioning across HubPages -- which in turn could improve your google ranking.  Also, for every reader of your hub there is a small chance they will decide to link to your hub from their site.  So, over the long run the more traffic you get (and the more interesting or high quality your content) the better your chance of getting what are known as "organic back links".  Organic back links are a very good thing.

Webmasterworld is the best resource I know of for all kinds of information related to google and other search engines.  I think you have to subscribe to get full access though.

I'm sure some of the real search experts lurking on HubPages can elaborate further.

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I'm no SEO expert but from 7 years of doing websites that pretty much sums it up.

It's hard to give a "no but maybe" answer to the original question but Paul gives a sound theory.

3. Isabella Snow profile image89
    Isabella Snowposted 8 years ago

Thanks for that... smile

4. spuds profile image21
    spudsposted 8 years ago

I think if you get significant traffic to you hubs from relevant websites and particularly ones with a high page rank then this is beneficial to the ranking of your hub in Google.