How to get lots of traffic to my hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)
  1. profile image0
    biochemiposted 10 years ago

Hi everybody i want to know that is there any way to get more and more organic traffic to my hubs? i am getting frustrated of being having decreased and low organic traffic.

1. LeanMan profile image79
      LeanManposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Biochemi..

I have not read any of your work but I did look at the titles...

You have to remember that getting traffic relies on someone actually searching for the subject of your hubs.
      As you can imagine there are quite a few people searching for "how to lose weight" or "how to make more money" or even "car insurance".

But you may also be able to figure out how many people are searching for "Analytical Methods Used to Study the Steady-State of Enzymes"

To get traffic there has to be someone searching for the subject of your hub....... Now maybe I am wrong and there are lots of organic chemistry geeks out there who like nothing better to cruise the internet looking for articles but I think the numbers are going to be a little low..

Go to the learning center (Top right "help") and you will find lots of information there that will help you..

1. profile image0
        writingsoloposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Use Google Adwords to find keywords related to your topic, and select keywords with lesser competition (<0.35) with 1000 - 8000 monthly searches--higher than that and you'll find it difficult to rank in search engines.
        The topics like: losing wight, making money, and car insurance have a LOT of competition, and unless you are a SEO expert, don't bother writing those--you can still use long tail keywords, but it's unlikely that you'll find one worth competing.

As Leanman said, go to the learning center - http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

Also read HP tutorials - http://hubpages.com/topics/hubpages-tut … unity/2848

And before you post in forums, check the FAQ first  - http://hubpages.com/faq

1. LeanMan profile image79
          LeanManposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Everyone confuses competition on the adwords tool!!!

competition on the adwords tool is for advertisers competition for using those keywords not for the competition to get to the top of search engine results.

So a high competition rating means that there are lots of advertisers wanting to bid on those keywords to place their adverts. Which is a good thing as you should get a good payment if someone clicks an ad on your page! High is good - not low!!!!

The only way to assess if a keyword has "low competition" in the serps  is to do the search and look at the results or invest in some software such as market samurai that does it for you.

High competition in the search engines will make it very difficult to rank - so for "car insurance" you will see all of the big companies taking the top results and you will never muscle them out of the way with a hub!

However for "1961 Ferrari 250GT Spyder Insurance" there will be less competition (if any) but no one looking for it. The trick is to find those items in between that people are looking for but have little competition..

1. Cardisa profile image88
            Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Leanman is right. The content creator need only concern themselves with the global monthly searches for a specific keyword. You don't need to worry about competition, plus Goggle has changed the Keyword Tool to Keyword planner where the advertisers keywords are separated from the content creator keywords.

There are two basic things to keep in mind when creating keyword rich titles and that is to find the right keyword to fit your content and to figure out if that keyword has a gazzillion things already written about it.

After finding your keyword you need to create a short title and search it in Google. See how many search results come up for your keywords. Less search results will mean more traffic to you. Less than a million search results is good.

2. profile image0
        biochemiposted 10 years agoin reply to this

thank you everybody for giving me ideas about this topic.

2. Cardisa profile image88
    Cardisaposted 10 years ago

I'm back! I decided to take a look at some of your hubs and here is the first hub I have seen. "Glycogen Synthesis and its Breakdown are Extremely Regulated"

1. You have good keyword "glycogen synthesis" which sees 1,600 global monthly searches, with 752,000 search results which means this is great for you.

2. Your title needs to be fixed. You don;t need all that information in the title. Tighten it up a bit with less words. Ideally it should read "Glycogen Synthesis Breakdown and Regulation"

3. Cap the first letters for each word in your title.

I will try reading another later and let you know how to improve. Good luck.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)