jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

The "Back" Button...

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago

It would be most useful, if the "back" button would truly take us back to exactly where we were, as we were when working back and forth between hubs and the hubs listing in our account.

What currently happens is, that if we have selected to sort by title, in order to search through various specific hubs, and then return to the list for the next hub for which we are searching, it is very annoying to find that we are, yes, in the approximate same location on the page, but with the sorting order de-selected.  So, we have to scroll all the way back to the top; re-select 'title sort,' then scroll back down to where we left off, only to have to repeat the process a multitude of times for each title on which we are working.

In fact, it would be great if, once we selected 'title sort,' the list would simply stay that way, until such time, however many sign-ins/outs later, we chose to re-sort it ourselves.

Thank you for looking into this as a possibility.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

As several people has suggested, you can open all your editing Hubs in their own tab.

Here is how.
      1. Right click a link and choose "Open Link in New Tab"
      2. Hold CTRL while clicking the link
      3. Some computer configurations also open a link in  new tab by clicking the center (scroll) button rather then left click.

You can also click "export csv" on the account page and open the resulting file on your computer using OpenOffice, Excel, or Google Drive.

You can arrange and sort the data however you would like and then save it in that format.  It contains the URL for each Hub as well as other hub details.

2. ahorseback profile image53
    ahorsebackposted 2 years ago

right side click , go to back ....?  Lol

3. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 2 years ago

I use tabs so can always see the page exactly as I left it, unless I clicked on 'refresh'. Right-click on any link and choose 'open in new tab'. Then you  can select which page you want to look at from the top of the screen.
    If using an android device or iPad, press and hold the link, and an option will appear to open in new tab.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

I too open Hubs in their own tabs to do this.

BTW, what you are complaining about is not controlled/effected by the back button.  It's how the account page functions/loads.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
      DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Uh--yeah...that is what I meant...that it would be great if the account page loading function could be selected to remain sorted per our choice until such time as we chose a different sort, instead of reverting to a default setting....