jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)

What's changed in a year?

1. JakeFrost profile image60
    JakeFrostposted 3 years ago

I'm just logging into HubPages again after being offline for a year. I was quite active before with 37 hubs and 92 followers but guess I just got busy and stopped being active. Anyways, got some ideas for new hubs so thought I'd log in and start writing again. But has much changed? I haven't kept up to date with HP news, I am noticing the layout of my account is different but are there any 'not so obvious' changes?

Also, seems quieter...

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes.  Lots.

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

1 year? Oh, yes. Lots and lots. Let the rants and advice begin... big_smile

JakeFrostposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Oh wow, already a familiar person. Well, I recognize your name at least aha smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
        paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There's some new icons at the bottom of the stats page. Clicking them will give you some new info. The internet has become an increasingly tougher town.

Forums have been split into two main pages. The religion and politics warfare still continues full force. They're just on the other page now.

Okay, Editors choice is new. Basically really good hubs?

I left just as the 'featured' system came in. Now I have zero featured hubs, how do I get them back to normal?

3. lobobrandon profile image84
    lobobrandonposted 3 years ago

Hubs that had low traffic got unfeatured, just update them and they would get featured if they're good. Well, Simone Smith has left HubPages for her new venture Gigaverse, so the blog has gone awefully quiet if you used to check it out.

Also, HP has recently launched their new mobile site, which I must say is good!

The graph from your stats has been taken off as it was too much load on the servers. I use analytics anyway

There's a lot more, but can't think of anything big_smile

Ooh! You cant add more than one amazon product or ebay product in a single capsule. Which is really good according to me.

Yea, the first thing I went looking for was Simone's profile... Made me sad to see "Last active 6 weeks ago". Me and her used to talk on a daily basis, helped me alot.

I couldn't find the Weekly Topic Inspiration either, she was in charge of that. Is that no more either? I wrote on that every week, won Hub of the Day with one of them.

1. relache profile image88
        relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

She no longer works here.

4. lobobrandon profile image84
    lobobrandonposted 3 years ago

Were you really off for a whole year? you're telling me Featured Hubs are a year old? Well that year surely flew then!

My last login was September 2012 I believe.

5. janshares profile image89
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Welcome back, JakeFrost. I came on just as you left, it looks like. Yes, a whoooooole lot has changed. One of the biggest is the Quality Assessment Program (QAP). The standards have been raised to clean up the site and increase the quality of featured hubs.

So how does the QAP work?

1. janshares profile image89
        jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The details are in the learning center but your hub has to meet certain criteria deemed by a score from 1 to 10, in three separate categories. For example, very few misspelled words might get an 8 or 9. In order to be considered an excellent (stellar) hub, your hub has to get an 8. Please see the details, the ratings are different for creative writing.

I've read all there is to be said in the learning centre. Do we actually get told the score (1-10) or is it just an automatic algorithm?

1. janshares profile image89
            jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This is a good question. It's a little of both. But someone who knows more about it needs to answer.

working