jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (18 posts)

requesting editors choice to choose my hub, who do i contact

1. willmcwryter profile image58
    willmcwryterposted 21 months ago

i am a hubpages featured author and i think the next step as i climb the hubpages latter is to get one of those editors choice labels i see some people have.  how do i contact the editors? i would like my haiku hub should be a editors choice. thank you.  please only respond if you are a hubpages featured author like me. thank you.

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 21 months ago in reply to this

William, it might surprise you to know but 99% of people on the forum are HubPages featured authors. You don't have to keep telling us in every post... although it is quite sweet and makes me smile every time.

You'll have to write many more hubs (and longer ones) to have the EC label attached to your hubs. I'm not even sure if they are still doing it. My main account has 55 EC hubs, btw.

1. willmcwryter profile image58
        willmcwryterposted 21 months ago in reply to this

how on earth could that be that defys the meaning of featured. look up the definition of featured it means, quote, a significant characteristic of or an important part of.  how can 99% of everyone here be featured that would mean hubpages is making up it's own definition.

1. theraggededge profile image96
          theraggededgeposted 21 months ago in reply to this

One published, featured hub = featured author. Some have hundreds of featured hubs. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are just at the beginning. Look on the bright side, you have a great journey ahead of you. Lots to learn, much to attain. Enjoy the process.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Hi willmcwryter,

While there are many fewer Featured Hubs on HubPages than the number of Hubs that are not Featured, the majority of people who are active here in the HubPages Forums do have one, several, or in some cases, even hundreds of Featured Hubs, since the people who read and post here tend to be very passionate, active, and dedicated users. smile

3. relache profile image86
          relacheposted 21 months ago in reply to this

HubPages is making up it's own definition of what "featured" means, just like they specifically define content, author and several other words for the purposes of setting their business terms.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Featured-Hubs

4. psycheskinner profile image82
          psycheskinnerposted 21 months ago in reply to this

That is the definition here.  They used to just be called "hubs" and they were all accessible to search engines, then they startled delisting some lower quality or very old hubs which were called "idled".  But people got upset with that term so the changed the terms.  Every single one of my 100+ hubs is featured because that is the normal state for hubs if you are keeping them up to date and in compliance with the rules. That takes some skill and commitment but it is nothing the average hubber cannot do.

5. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Theraggededge is right.  "Featured" on HubPages has a totally different meaning to anywhere else in the entire world.   This is not the only time that HubPages has decided to use words in a way nobody else uses them.  I wish they wouldn't, it's so confusing for newbies!

Maybe it will be clearer if I tell you how it used to be.

Now, we have "Featured" Hubs and "unFeatured" Hubs.  Before, we had normal Hubs and "Idle" Hubs.    An Idle Hub was a Hub that HubPages was happy to accept, but didn't consider good enough to display to the public - so it was hidden from Google and not included in search results.   The writer could still see it and send the link to his friends or followers, but other people wouldn't see it.

When HubPages found Hubbers were becoming very upset when a Hub was Idled, they decided to change the name to something less upsetting.  It didn't change the system, though.   

So, a Featured Hub is just an ordinary Hub.

2. Barbara Kay profile image86
      Barbara Kayposted 21 months ago in reply to this

I have several EC hubs and I don't think they are awarding these anymore. Nor are they being awarded anything special other that to have it show up on the hub. Maybe they are still using them for the Hub of the Day. I don't know.

I'd set a different goal. Maybe a certain number of hubs by the end of the year. Try for higher hub scores or whatever you'd like your goal to be.

3. Christy Kirwan profile image

While Editor's Choice Hubs are still being selected, psycheskinner is correct: they are chosen by staff automatically for meeting a specific set of criteria that are listed in the relevant Learning Center Entry: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Comm … d_37950506

There is no way to self-nominate.

1. Solaras profile image92
        Solarasposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Is there a way to opt into Editors Choice or is everyone eligible now?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image

Everyone is eligible now, since the url no longer changes with selection. smile

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 21 months ago in reply to this

Others here have given you the basic information you need, but I would suggest that to do well, you need, among other things,  to write properly .  Your post shows a number of writing errors that should be corrected in any hub you write. For example, the letter "I" is always capitalized.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 21 months ago

EC is not something you apply for, it is spontaneously awarded according to some (unknown) criteria.

3. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 21 months ago

I think they discontinued Editor's Choice after changing from subdomains to the main domain.

1. Solaras profile image92
      Solarasposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Interesting - I had opted into EC for a while, with several hubs that were EC.  Then I changed the setting to get more content on back my sub-domain.  I wondered what would happen if I turned it back on, but I can't see a way to opt into it anymore.

2. sallybea profile image98
      sallybeaposted 21 months ago in reply to this

It has not been discontinued, I received another one recently.  I think that we are automatically opted in now.

1. NateB11 profile image93
        NateB11posted 21 months ago in reply to this

yeah, you're right. I was mistaken. I guess I thought since we no longer have to opt in that the program stopped. i remember a discussion on a forum awhile back and someone said the program was discontinued; a good lesson in not believing everything said on a forum thread. Lol

working