jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

All My Hubs Disappeard From Google

1. dwelburn profile image98
    dwelburnposted 2 years ago

I had several hubs ranking in the first 50 for their respective keywords in Google, but they have all suddenly disappeared. That's not just dropped down but gone completely. My traffic has gone from 200 - 250 views per day down to under 50 per day as a result. Does anyone know why this could have happened?

2. WorkAtHomeMums profile image88
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 2 years ago

Could be a number of things but there has been recent google changes which seem to have hit many people around the world. http://www.seroundtable.com/google-update-17935.html

3. nutritionhub profile image85
    nutritionhubposted 2 years ago

When you say gone completely, do you mean de-indexed or have they just suffered a dramatic drop? If they have just dropped then I wouldn't worry too much at this point. Just keep writing regularly, don't employ any spam techniques and I'm sure you'll be fine.  If it's a major algo change then I'm sure Hubpages will catch up and make any SEO changes if they are able. Also it could just be a general update as mentioned in the comment above.

4. dwelburn profile image98

Thanks for your replies WorkAtHomeMums and nutritionhub.

If I do a site search my articles are there. But if I search for the keywords they are not. Even if I do the keyword and add hubpages at the end they are not in the top 100. That's what I don't understand. It seems like they have dropped to the very bottom.

All I have done is add a link from tumblr and articlesbase. Can't imagine that could have caused any problems. I have also been doing a lot of editing/updating to my hubs, and I discovered before that Google don't mind the occasional update but they don't like a lot of it site wide. But even so it seems really extreme. You might expect a small drop which would soon be recovered from.

I was just about to put in a few links from ezinearticles as well simply because I have 5 articles there which all have dead links now, so I was going to redirect them to my hubs. That should not cause any problem should it?

1. nutritionhub profile image85
      nutritionhubposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have a few theories on this but in all honesty it could be so many different things that I wouldn't want to suggest things that may make things worse. It could also just be a temporary problem. Really hope you can get things sorted out. I've just returned to HubPages to see if some of the things I've learned while running my own sites can be applied here, if I have any success then I'll let you know if you're still having trouble in a few months.

5. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 2 years ago

If you were in charge of Google and wanted to give a searcher the best possible result which would you offer?

1. A page on a recognized and well established website that has some credibility?
    2. A page that has just been created on a free to use website that is known to be used by people purely to get income?

High competition keywords in certain subject areas (weight loss, supplements) are highly unlikely to ever rank in Google search from a site such as HP, nor are you likely to ever out compete the big players with your own site in the short to medium term.

1. nutritionhub profile image85
      nutritionhubposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'd agree with that LeanMan, low competition with a reasonable number of searches is the best bet on HubPages and on your own site. I do think it's easy to unintentionally (or unknowingly) damage your rankings though, lessons learned the hard way.

6. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago

If you suddenly add too many incoming links from other sites, Google may lower your ranking based on the assumption of link spamming.

Personally, I don't play around with links. I'd rather just let them develop naturally by other people who decide to reference my hubs. Google can tell the difference - random creations of incoming links over time from various places vs. a sudden mix of many links all at once.

Since you added some links to your hubs, this may be what happened. As long as your hubs are still indexed, just be patient at this point. Ranking changes over time with ups and downs.

Keep writing and keep updating existing hubs. Google likes when old hubs are updated with new material. I usually see a jump in traffic after a while when I update hubs.

7. dwelburn profile image98

Thanks for your help with this guys. I only added two links so it was not a lot appearing all at once. I know doing this does not help much nowadays but I thought it might help a bit. Not hinder.

Anyway, I won't put any more up. But do you think I should get rid of the two I did put up or just leave them now?

And I'll also look for some lower competition keywords for future articles.