jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

What happened to the idea bank?

1. sleepylog profile image87
    sleepylogposted 2 years ago

Has the idea bank been retired? I often used it for inspiration for hubs but lately it hasn't been working for me.

1. Patsybell profile image89
      Patsybellposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I don't know about the idea bank, what it is. If you think it was a good idea, can we start it up again?

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
      Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I never heard of an Idea Bank on HubPages. One good place to get ideas, though, is in the Q&A section. There are lots of good questions asked there that often inspire someone to write a hub about it. There is even a button that says something like "write a hub about it".  The Q&A is a good place to get ideas.

I agree Phyllis, I've written hubs from those questions. But rarely do those questions fall in my area of expertise.

3. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That feature's been gone at least 2 years. Shame, as I used it and got some very profitable hubs out of it!

2. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 2 years ago

From what I've heard on here, the idea bank didn't really work very well and was done away with.  The topics were supposed to be topics that might be expected to do well in searches; but (personal opinion, but I don't think a lone opinion on this) the ideas were kind of awful (well, at least a lot of them were).   (lol)

In any case, yes - they're retired.    smile

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

At first it was actually a good idea, but then the feature wasn't kept up as something useful, so it's actually much better it's gone now.

4. sleepylog profile image87
    sleepylogposted 2 years ago

Thank you for all your replies. I just wanted to know if it still existed and maybe had been moved to another part of HP. It was a good idea even though some of the suggested topics were a bit weird or absurd, but I think with some work it could have been a great asset to us writers.

5. LuisEGonzalez profile image79
    LuisEGonzalezposted 2 years ago

Try using Google Alerts. You will get daily emails regarding you chosen topic.

Thanks, LuisEGonzalez. Great idea.

working