jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Pinterest verification of your subdomain

1. crazyduck profile image81
    crazyduckposted 2 years ago

Currently, pinterest offer a space in your profile for a website to be added. Here we can add our subdomain, but we either need to verify it with a file upload or a meta tag. Here, I think the easiest way to verify it would be to add a meta tag in the header of the subdomain page. The meta tag would look like this:

So, I propose that we can edit the headers of our subdomain page or at least have a box that we can add a pinterest meta tag verification to. This way, Hubbers pinterest profiles will be complete and may drive extra traffic for them. It will definitely give them another backlink to their subdomain, which ultimately impacts the main Hubpages domain.

(Thanks to Matthew Meyer for directing me to this part of the forum!)

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

@crazyduck I have forwarded this to our engineering team to be considered as a future feature to develop.
      Thanks for the suggestion!

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78

We did some research and currently Pinterest does not support verification of individual author subdomains.

2. crazyduck profile image81
    crazyduckposted 2 years ago

Well that's a shame. Oh well, I tried. Thanks for looking into it anyway!

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78

I was honestly surprised that they don't support subdomains as that means wordpress.com and tumblr accounts have the same issue.

3. Dale Hyde profile image87
    Dale Hydeposted 2 years ago

I used to link to my subdomain here on HP, however I switched it over to my blog and put in the meta tag info for Pinterest and they verified it.  I make decent revenue off the blog, so it is all good.

I do use a Blogger blog, but it is not a subdomain.  It is my own purchased domain.  However Blogger does allow you to edit the meta tag information in the template, so I think a Blogger domain would be verified.

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago

WTH???!!!  They require verification, but do not support it??? What kind of double-speak BS is that?????

5. Easy Exercise profile image89
    Easy Exerciseposted 2 years ago

We need to actively campaign for this with Pinterest. This makes me mad. They are discriminating against true writers - us! Just because the body of our work reside with HP should not be a disadvantage, a road block, an obstacle.

We are writers, photographers, not marketers - HP is our marketing arm and a fantastic partner.

I cannot format my extensive hubs, I cannot promote my hubs in the manner that HP can, I need HP's help.

Pinterest, I love you but this is truly unfair to myself and fellow Hubbers.