jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Copied Hubs feature.

1. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 3 years ago

I really like this feature that HP uses to track whether our Hubs have been copied. Don't know how they do it or how it works, but I truly appreciate it. I saw the little C mark by one of my Hubs so checked on it and, from what I can tell from the Copied Hubs screen, the offending copy was remove from the place that had it. The site where it was has a very clear and strict policy against copyright infringement.

Anyway, don't know how it got removed, but I'm grateful whoever had it removed.

Thanks for having our backs.

1. moonlake profile image89
      moonlakeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Once the c is there it never comes off your hub. Most of the copied hubs I have found on my own not through Hubpages.

2. janshares profile image91
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

I hadn't paid much attention to it either, NateB11. I know it's been around for a few months. I've checked before and it was all clear - until today. I was directed there by HP staff when I got a red c. It was handled although it took a good part of the day going back and forth. My article was taken down and all is well. This feature is very helpful.

NateB11posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I only just recently noticed the feature and only just today saw that one of my Hubs were copied. I agree, it's a great feature.

I thought the feature was new, but then I looked down below this thread at the Related Discussions and there's a forum post from 3 years ago about "Copied Hubs Feature". Don't know why it took me so long to notice it. Unless that forum thread is about suggesting it as a feature. Don't know.

1. janshares profile image91
        jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Seems that more hubbers are getting the red c than ever lately, making us more aware of the feature.

2. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Do not depend on it to find all the copies; HP does not check every hub and does not even check every hubber on a frequent basis.  The cost would be prohibitive. 

So do your own checking as well.  The HP checks are very valuable and I appreciate the heck out of them, but we all need to check ourselves as well.

Are there any tools for doing that? I've heard of copyscape. Is that an appropriate tool for checking on this?

Edit: Well, I have personally checked on my Hubs just by Googling. So, I know that's available, of course.

3. Suzanne Day profile image97
    Suzanne Dayposted 3 years ago

I have started using Google Alerts and putting snippets of hubs in there so as soon as it finds anything, it emails me.

I have heard about using Google Alerts. I haven't done that, it sounds like a good idea.

working