jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Opting Out of Editor's Choice: Be Aware

1. Marie Flint profile image90
    Marie Flintposted 2 years ago

I decided to opt out of Editor's Choice Awards because I read some hubbers had better traffic without it. What I didn't realize, however, was that opting out deleted all Editor's Choice Awards in the past. My award icon also disappeared from my profile page.

I would have preferred that Hub Pages had given an explanation of what would happen with a prompt "Are you sure you want to opt out of Editor's Choice?" Now I have to wait 60 days to see if the old awards will be reinstated on my articles (so far, I have not seen a significant change in traffic). ***

1. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Once you opt out of EC your hubs go back to your subdomain so you would not get to keep the EC accolade. When 60 days have past and you opt back in your accolade will be reinstated immediately. From experience, I find that all the old EC hubs will go back to being EC along with any new choices.

Personally, I didn't see where EC benefited me so I don't intend to return to it. One of my best performing hubs was selected and lost traffic. For three months it dawdled and did nothing. The minute I opted out it climbed back to its original position in SERPS.

Marie Flintposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Cardisa, I feel reassured that I did the right thing, according to your experience.

2. Act 3 profile image90
      Act 3posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I did the same thing about a month ago. All of my EC hubs were in the bottom half of my traffic numbers. One or 2 had an uptick after I opted out, but nothing significant so far.

That sounds about where I am. I'll try to be patient and leave the opt out "as is" for now. Sixty days should tell me something.

3. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Editors choice awards only tells the scammers which hubs are worth stealing.

I suppose that would be true for Hub of the Day as well. We can't opt out of that, though.

working