jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Earnings, Hubber score drop consistently since my return... opinions?

1. GwennyOh profile image84
    GwennyOhposted 2 years ago

I took a long break from writing here, and upon my return my Hubber score, well I can't remember precisely, but it was either 83 or  85. I wrote a post and posted it, and since that day my Hubber score has steadily been dropping, and my earnings have all but ceased.

But too, as I returned I activated the ad program...

The reason I had finally returned was that my hubs, after two years, had started to pay off significantly, so to me it was finally worth my while to write here. Now I am back to earning cents here and there. I don't get it. I suppose I must experiment by turning the ad program off again to see if earnings return to how they were before, but I suppose that I will have to accept that my Hubber score will remain low if I choose to stay away again due to low earnings.

I don't get it, everyone says that earnings increase when you use the ad program.

I ask others to share their opinions on what I have shared...

1. incomeguru profile image83
      incomeguruposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Concerning your hubberscore dropping, it all happened to me too. But thank God immediately I started dusting my older hubs, unpublished those that were not getting traffic, actively participating in forum post, sincerely with all these my hubberscore started rising.

1. Jean Bakula profile image96
        Jean Bakulaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I wrote like crazy the first year I was here, and once I had over 100 hubs, stopped. Then I only came back once in a while, as I was launching my blog.

It took time, but I also experienced making a payout each month here, even though I wasn't posting except for once in a while. And my hubber score stayed at 100 for ages. Summer is the worst traffic time, and your topics are a lot like mine. They pick up when people are reading your hubs, or having problems and look to your methods for answers.

When you add a new hub, it starts with a lower score, and that lowers your average. It may not reflect in your hubber score (meaningless anyway) but on your account page you'll see your average and hubs are in general lower in score.

The same thing is happening to me.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 2 years ago

The end of July through August is the longest-sustained, low traffic period of the year unless you specialize in specific, seasonal summer content.

North Americans at this time are doing just about anything but being on the Internet.  Kids are not in school.  This is the biggest period of travel/vacation for most working people.  People are outside a lot.

Your Hubs have a lot of tarot content.  Unless people "need" that for whatever else they are doing in their lives right now, you probably aren't going to see much traffic until after Labor Day, when everyone goes back to work and back to school.