jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Proofing--professional editing.

1. CatherineGiordano profile image89
    CatherineGiordanoposted 2 years ago

I'm so embarrassed because I can't go back and edit some of my forum stuff. So many typos.

Which brings me to my point.  I saw HP is offering professional editing. I think my hubs are really good, but marred by stupid typos. I fix them every time I find one. (If you find one, let me know.) Can one apply for tis service or must one just hope to be chosen?

Someone in a forum post mentioned applying for "extreme hub makeover."  Was that a joke or is it an actual thing?

I proof my hubs twice, but I am more careless in forums.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

For the HubPages professional editing program that is being rolled out, you have to wait to be selected.  They are starting with the most popular hubs first.

For the extreme makeover forum, yes it is serious. You can post a link to a hub and ask people to look it over for you.  It really shouldn't be only about spelling and grammar, but the hub as a whole.  Hopefully you can take the feedback you get on that one hub, and apply it to your other hubs.

By the way, I wouldn't worry too much about typos in the forums.  They are more casual, and as long as you get your point across, a few spelling or grammar mistakes won't hurt here.

2. Solaras profile image91
      Solarasposted 2 years ago in reply to this

After I post my forum comments, I reread it, and usually make a correction or two.  Somehow I can't see it correctly until it is posted in the mix. lol

If you are going to offer up one of your hubs to the forums for a critique, better put on your big-boy pants.  Some folks can be pretty blunt in their criticisms. Of course others will be very helpful to you.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The Extreme Hub Makeover section in the forums is now called Improving Your Hub.  It's the only place on the forums where you've allowed to post links to your own Hubs.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
        DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

???  Really?  I've seen all sorts of links in other areas get snipped, regardless of whether they point outside of HP or to another Hubber's article.

I don't think HP lets you post any links in any forum outside the 'improving your hub' topic.

So creative dodges are used, such as putting spaces where they would not normally appear in a URL....to "de-linkify" them...if I may coin a word.  LOL

1. Solaras profile image91
          Solarasposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Self promotional links and spammy links get snipped, but if it is relevant to the conversation, like "SEO Magic" or "How to Create a Great Title" moderators will let it stay to help us improve our craft.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

MsLizzy, I'm not quite understanding the "Really?" there.   How does your statement contradict mine?

working