jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Embed Tweets in Article Capsules

1. isaacasante profile image90
    isaacasanteposted 2 years ago

Hey, I think Hubpages have a nice publishing system, but it's sad the  tag is not allowed... This destroys the layout of embedded tweets in articles when trying with the Text capsule.

You might have already tested it... I think probably they could just add a Twitter capsule so that we can easily add/embed tweets in articles.

After all, it's a top social network. I want to do a "Reviews and Reactions" article for a product with a lot of embedded tweets. But considering how the system currently is, the article won't look good.

Can a Twitter capsule be added? What do you think?

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 2 years ago in reply to this

In that case they'd have to add an embed option for Facebook statuses too. I'm guessing that it could open a pot of worms due to the fact replies may be on banned topics in some cases, so way too many moderation issues?

isaacasanteposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think one way to avoid inconvenience, spams or abuse of tweets is to only allow users within a specific rank range or a certain quality badge to use it. Simply to make sure the authors using it know how to use it decently.

2. lisavollrath profile image94
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

Can you add the tweets as images rather than embeds? Or are you looking for real time updating?

I added some tweets as images at the end of my latest hub, but it's not so good. Embedded iframes for tweets are best.

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Wouldn't having real-time Tweets on Hubs ultimately just become a revisit of the duplicate content issues that came from all that RSS retrieved content that everyone spent so much time ditching from their pages over the last two years?

1. Writer Fox profile image79
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think so, too.  Not to mention the fact that it would post tons of spammy links on the page.

Well, when the editors review, they can un-feature such articles. But full tweets make better illustration than pics. BleacherReport.com use it and it ups their standard, I believe.

working