Deactivating the Amazon Program. Anyone done it?

1. kspoll profile image49
    kspollposted 2 years ago

I feel like I was doing better on Squidoo with sales from my own Amazon Associates account than I am doing with the Hubpages Amazon account which I have been using since my lenses transferred. If I go ahead and deactivate the Hubpages Amazon Account, will I have to manually go back and enter all of my Amazon Associates links into each Amazon module, or is there an easier way to do this?

And I am unclear on whether I will only be able to use 2 Amazon Associates links in the entire Hub, or 1 per 50 words of content?

Has anyone deactivated their Hubpages Amazon account and gone back to an Amazon Associates account of their own who can share their experience?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you look at the capsules, there's absolutely no difference in what is displayed whether you're using your own Amazon ID or via HubPages. 

That means the only way switching could improve your earnings is if you believe HubPages isn't sharing the earnings honestly on their program.  I don't think there's any reason to think that.

Instead, take a look at your traffic - has it changed since moving from Squidoo?  If it has dropped, or you have fewer lenses featured, then there's your reason.

If you want to go ahead anyway, then all you have to do is change the association on your Earnings page.  That will change all the capsules automatically.

2. kspoll profile image49
    kspollposted 2 years ago

Thanks for the response, Marisa.

All of my hubs are featured and my traffic is actually up on Hubpages. But I seem to be making about half the number of sales I did last year this time (with fewer lenses).

This makes sense with splitting the impressions 60/40 with Hubpages,

I am also seeing a  3rd "tag" appearing in my Amazon capsules which is not Hubpages-20 or my own HubacctXXXX-20 tag. The format is the same as my HP tag, just a different 4 numbers, so HubacctYYYY-20. Any idea what that could be?

So, if I switch to my Amazon Associates ID, will I have to cut back to only 2 Amazon modules per hub, or will the "1 module per 50 words of copy" rule apply?