jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

A Fine Line Between Personal Opinion and Personal Attack!

1. Glenda Motsavage profile image83
    Glenda Motsavageposted 24 months ago

I was curious enough about Bubblews based on what I was reading here in the Forum recently to give it a try.  I've been there a week.  (I find it to be fun, although I don't take that whole platform very seriously.)  Last night, however, some wacko found and responded to a Post I made about Disney.  Now, apparently I and everyone else who patronizes them are going to Hell!

This woman stated her opinion in the comment section, which is welcomed.  But then she felt the need to continue with several other lengthy comments that verbally attacked me.  Unlike HubPages, I don't see anything in their ToS that prohibit that kind of behavior.  I believe the best response at this point is no response at all.  She's clearly looking for confrontation.  How would you handle her?

1. kenneth avery profile image83
      kenneth averyposted 24 months ago in reply to this

I am not Glenda, but I submit to you my answer: IGNORE HER.

2. RonElFran profile image97
    RonElFranposted 24 months ago

Glenda, on Bubblews you have the option to delete any comment on your articles. That's what I would do for comments containing personal attacks.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 24 months ago in reply to this

You can also report them to the team.

3. Cari Kay 11 profile image95
    Cari Kay 11posted 24 months ago

I would just delete the comments and move on smile

4. Kailua-KonaGirl profile image87
    Kailua-KonaGirlposted 24 months ago

That is what I would do. If you have a way to block future comments I would do that too. Some people are wacked and just have no manners! LOL.

5. lisavollrath profile image89
    lisavollrathposted 24 months ago

Ignore her, and let her rant away. Bubblews pays, in part, on comments. Every comment she leaves, no matter how crazy it is, is money in your Bank.

1. HomeArtist1 profile image38
      HomeArtist1posted 24 months ago in reply to this

Here here, Lisa. Ignoring these rat's arses is the best retaliation. People
      like her (you really don't know who you're dealing with) live to attack and
      then relish in your angst and/or pain. Disappoint her in the worst way--ingnore.

Don't feed the animals.

6. colorfulone profile image86
    colorfuloneposted 24 months ago

Options: delete, flag, ignore or humor.  I suppose I would flag inappropriate comments like that so Bubblews has someone take a look. Then, they can take whatever action they want now or in the future. My guess would be that person will get flagged by others if they behave that way. Sorry that happened on one of your posts.

1. colorfulone profile image86
      colorfuloneposted 24 months ago in reply to this

I just remembered that Bubblews said something on a post about if spammers' comments got flagged 5 times, their accounts would be deleted. Bubblews does check each time a comment gets flagged. Anyway, I would hope the same action would be taken on members who are mean spirited on the site.

7. Beaddoodler profile image80
    Beaddoodlerposted 24 months ago

You can delete her comment, but I'd suggest you also report it.  It's not spam, but it's against the TOS (not in so many words) to flame people. Deleting her comment will not delete the penny you got from it.