jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

New Hubpages Habit

1. Snakesmum profile image89
    Snakesmumposted 22 months ago

Was just wondering how all the hubs being unfeatured recently has affected other hubbers?

I've just noticed that instead of reading my feed when I log in, I now go to my account and check to see if my hubs are still featured or have any violations showing.

What do you check when you log in?

1. Solaras profile image93
      Solarasposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Pageviews, then earnings if I have not seen them updated that day.

2. Jodah profile image85
      Jodahposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Yes snakes mum, same here. Since I suddenly had 13 hubs become unfeatured due to lack of engagement last week and another suddenly suffering the same fate due to quality a few days ago, I now find myself checking my accounts page and hub status before anything else. Thankfully since updating those I have had no further problems and my Hubber score has actually risen.

Snakesmumposted 22 months ago in reply to this

G'day Jodah, :-)    I've had about 5 suffer from lack of engagement, but only 1 due to quality, so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, so far.     That's why I've started checking the account page first instead of the feed.
        Currently my hubber score is about the same, but I'm not worrying about that.     Have to admit to putting my new hub (under development) on hold at the moment though, and perhaps we'll all have to think about the quality of our hubs.

3. misterhollywood profile image92
      misterhollywoodposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I do what you do Jodah and check the status of the hub first. I usually make the sign of the cross first because hey... Ya never know what you will find

4. peachpurple profile image79
      peachpurpleposted 22 months ago in reply to this

yes, i make it  a habit to check my unfeature hubs everyday, I do edit one hub per day and notice the traffic is getting better and so is my accolades

5. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I normally start in the forum, but once I day I look at traffic, earnings and for any warnings. Then I schedule some time to deal with at least 1 or 2 that might be flagged for any reason or unfeatured.  Sometimes I have none, sometime I have 20 and can't deal with them all at once. My main issue is broken links.

6. peachpurple profile image79
      peachpurpleposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I am still checking and found one hub unfeatured, the rest are featured

2. colorfulone profile image86
    colorfuloneposted 22 months ago

When I get to HubPages, I check the feed first.

3. favored profile image60
    favoredposted 22 months ago

Lately I check the account first to see what has changed.

4. AlishaV profile image91
    AlishaVposted 22 months ago

It's pretty much killed any interest I had being here. I was starting to actually write new stuff, for the first time in a year, but if they're going to behave here the same the people did who killed Squidoo, there seems to be no reason to even fix any of my articles, let alone write more. I was getting onto HubPages several times a day to check my articles and update and share them, now I don't even want to sign in to see which ones they've penalized in terror that they will not please the Google-gods.

Snakesmumposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I don't think you're alone in that, Alisha, as quite a few ex-Squids are talking about leaving, however, don't let the current situation make you afraid to log in.   

It may not turn out to be as bad as you think;  I was horrified to get a hub un-featured for quality, but when I checked it, I realised that I hadn't finished editing it, as I thought, and it was actually sub-standard for HP.  After working on it, it's now featured, and I haven't had any more hubs penalized.  Here's hoping it stays that way. :-)

Now that I've had time to think about the situation, I'm going to go through all my hubs again, and check more severely for quality.   If they don't measure up, then I'll unpublish and consider transferring them to my own blog and site.  Most will stay here though, as I really want to make a success of Hubpages.

Good luck.

5. shellys-space profile image59
    shellys-spaceposted 22 months ago

Just had 3 pages with broken links today and updated them...hoping it will my views.

6. Jayne Lancer profile image92
    Jayne Lancerposted 22 months ago

I take a quick look at my feed, then go to 'My Account'.

7. GeorgeneMBramlage profile image81
    GeorgeneMBramlageposted 22 months ago

Go to accounts and check on the condition(s) of my HubPages

8. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 22 months ago

I had a couple unfeatured today. I went in and made some corrections by removing unnecesary links, removing some boldface text, and correcting some punctuation. That seems to have worked.