jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Spam Comments Aplenty

1. Erin Mellor profile image81
    Erin Mellorposted 22 months ago

I was delighted to see I'd got a couple of new comments yesterday - hurrah!  Traffic!  However, they were nonsense spam ones with spun "sentences" and broken links, so I deleted forever.  Then today I had more.  I'd love to look on the bright side and think that with great traffic comes great spam responsibility, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Is anyone else experiencing a spam-fest, or should I just feel special today?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image88
      Millionaire Tipsposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I haven't had it today, but I have had spam comments in the past. And gibberish ones too - why do they even bother?  I set my comments to moderation only when that happens, so they won't appear until I approve them.  They do go away eventually.

2. peachpurple profile image78
      peachpurpleposted 22 months ago in reply to this

no spam today, a couple of days ago, yes, a full page of spams. Glad that today comments are genuine

3. Elsie Hagley profile image82
      Elsie Hagleyposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I don't get many comments, I set my comments to moderation, so if they do I just delete. lucky so far I haven't received any.

Just consider that you are special, as you said, delete and move on. Have a wonderful day.smile

4. OldRoses profile image83
      OldRosesposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Yup!  The past few days have been a festival of spam comments.  All I can do is delete them and hope that more legitimate commenters find me as well.

2. Dolores Monet profile image91
    Dolores Monetposted 22 months ago

Erin, I have had this problem in the past, nonsensical comments that were full of gibberish or even foul language. I set my comments so that they needed my approval before they appeared on the hub. You certainly don't want that garbage to show up on your hub.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 22 months ago

I removed all of my comment boxes.

4. Act 3 profile image90
    Act 3posted 22 months ago

Yes, I have several of them today. Mostly gibberish; a couple of them have a slight, but nonsensical, relationship to the hub topic.

5. QuoteAmber profile image92
    QuoteAmberposted 22 months ago

I haven't gotten any spam comments recently, but I have gotten a lot of what I think are spam followers recently, people who have been on hubpages for a month or so but have no written hubs of their own.

6. dwelburn profile image98
    dwelburnposted 22 months ago

This has been happening to me the last few days. Never happened before, so don't know why.

7. Carb Diva profile image87
    Carb Divaposted 22 months ago

I have also seen quite a bit of spam comments--actually I've had more spam than legitimate comments. It all started just last Saturday (December 13, 2014). Does HP look at these discussions? What do we need to do to bring this to their attention?