Something new?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Jackie Lynnley profile image85
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 9 years ago

My most recent hub published this morning is not showing a turning as it use to before becoming  feature; just shows O unfeatured. Do I need to do something or just give it more time?

1. janderson99 profile image54
      janderson99posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Its a 'bullet hole'. It has been rejected for 'quality'. You will need to find out what is wrong and rectify the problems. Good luck!

Jackie Lynnleyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well thank you; I had no idea, this never happened before and I did the table and all on this hub, what more could they want?

1. janderson99 profile image54
          janderson99posted 9 years agoin reply to this

It is often spelling and grammar. Try SpellCheckPlus(dot)com. it provides a spell checker and a simple grammar check. You can try it for free and its cheap. It is much simpler and easier to use than other grammar checking software. Look for unrelated links as well. The problems relate to the rules, not to whether you include a table etc. Errors in Captions are easy to miss. You can also email HP and ask for a 'hint' for where the problems lie. They won't tell you what the actual problem is, for some strange reason, but they may say "It is probably X or Y" type of problem. Cheers

It is none of the ones you mention for sure. Almost all my hubs go featured withing 2 to 3 hours. Must be something new....maybe I can add pictures but I have three and I see many others featured with just one.

2. peachpurple profile image83
            peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

thanks, i always have problem to check my old hubs, this link helps

2. paradigm search profile image55
          paradigm searchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

They are really big on lots of purdy pictures. Not kidding. smile

No one bigger on purdy pictures than me and most times my own.

2. agvulpes profile image85
      agvulpesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

G'day Jackie as someone has said already HP is big on Purdy pictures but I think they should have included 'relevant' as well.  You have two images that don't appear relevant to the Title of the Hub?
      Also I can remember someone on staff 'requesting' us to use a full width image as our first image with a 'caption'
      I hope you are feeling better smile

Thank you; but if you read the hub all pictures are relevant. They would make perfect sense to ones I am writing the article for. It did become featured just adding a subtitle so my guess is someone came in immediately and started voting me down to cause this and that is something HP needs to do something about. Anyone who does more than one vote down on one hub should drop points on their own score. But all is fine now; feeling better; thank you.
        (With friends like that; who needs enemies? lol)

1. agvulpes profile image85

For your Hubs to 'get' to the people you are writing for,  you must first satisfy others?
          Commenting from a purely neutral position (and looking at it from Googles position )can you tell me how an image of a Chapel is 'relevant' to the content of your Hub.
          I am just trying to be helpful here smile
          BTW you have a typo on the title of Hospital image ? Was that deliberate ?

If you "read" my hub I spoke of my fear and coming to terms with what I had to do and I did that through prayer to God and my faith in His hand over me; either here on earth or if I were not to survive. I am at peace in whatever happens to me through faith in God. I did not make a production of it; no, but it was certainly number one in my personal experience.

OK then why not use a 'image' of God?  That would be more 'relevant' !

To you...not to me. I see my God my way...and I have no pictures. Everyone understands a place to talk to Him...whether they choose to or not.

It was purely a suggestion coming from the SEO angle of how many people would be searching for an article on Cervical Myelopathy Surgery and the very first image they would see on your hub is a Chapel ?
                  Nice to see you fixed the typo but may I ask you why the 'brackets' ?
                  Cheers
                  Peter

2. Venkatachari M profile image83
              Venkatachari Mposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I respect your values on faith and God. But, I also think that some images of your ECG reports, x_rays and scan reports could be much suitable here. This is my suggestion.

3. Rachel L Alba profile image91
      Rachel L Albaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Once they wouldn't feature one of my hubs because I had copied something I wrote about that particular recipe that was on a blog that I had.  I didn't think much about doing it since it was my recipe and by blog.  But I still couldn't do that so I had to change the wording.  I don't know what your hub was about, but sometimes it's things like that.

No it is all original; but it is featured now and going up. Thanks though!

2. Solaras profile image93
    Solarasposted 9 years ago

Stats are hung up too - it maybe that all of the changes to HubberScores are creating extra work elsewhere, and sapping resources.  Also, its the weekend; things tend to go wrong and unaddressed for longer periods.

Could be that; it's fine now.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years ago

I thought you usually get an email when you are not featured for quality.  I don't know for sure, but I think it has to do with the sources you listed at the end of the hub. If the hub has a relatively high score but it is defeatured, it usually has to do with the new over-promotional policy. 

There is a link to an article you wrote about leg pain which is not related to the subject to the hub.  HubPages requires all links to be directly related to the content of the hub. The first two links have all sorts of gobbledygook on them. Can you fix that? Just delete all that extra stuff after the .com

It is related and I hope many will read it that may have this type pain. I don't know what I would have done without it and I take it still religiously. It is especially good with this surgery too because it relieves acid reflux which is a big issue with this type surgery. It also helps with the neuropathic pain which I still have with the nerve damage that may take awhile to heal; and whether completely or not I do not know. Maybe I should point it out more; I meant to mention it; guess I forgot. I am not trying to sell it and have no ads on it. I did wonder about the long links but I just copied and pasted them from the pages I read from. I will recheck those, thank you,

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)