jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)

Where are the affiliate links? Why am I skulled?

1. nicomp profile image59
    nicompposted 2 years ago

This article has been cursed with a little skull -- supposedly it has to many affiliate links.

http://nicomp.hubpages.com/hub/BubbleWs … On-The-Web

I don't get it. There are no links. I even took out the sources for the screen shots because they pointed to Facebook and BubbleWs.

1. ChristinS profile image94
      ChristinSposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure, but could it be the programming book you linked to? I'm not sure how it ties into the hub's theme and if you are going to include product links now they have to be very specifically related to the main content of your hub.  Since your hub is about how silly Bubblews is - a programming book doesn't immediately seem relevant, unless perhaps you add a section about why you would recommend that book or specific practice to those developing sites like Bubble or something to that effect. 

I didn't see any links other than that as I scanned, so I might shoot an email to staff and ask them for a more detailed reason.

2. colorfulone profile image88
      colorfuloneposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think, Christin is right about the Amazon capsule for the book. It doesn't fit the topic of the hub. I would remove it because its not likely that I would ever get a sale on a hub about Bubblews.

3. peachpurple profile image78
      peachpurpleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

i had a few times got the red skull and even posted a question about it. You know what, the HP team removed my question and warned me! Anyway, I had removed all the links and ads from my skulled hub , changed 2 paragraphs of text and submit again. No more skulls

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

The skull icon does not mean you have too many affiliate links.  It means you are linked to a malicious site, someplace identified as trying to attack visitors with malware or the like.

nicompposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, the skull does mean that.

3. colorfulone profile image88
    colorfuloneposted 2 years ago

It might take awhile for the skull to disappear after being edited?  Could be a glitch?

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

You can manually rerun the malicious link check.

Details about those problems is found under Violations on your dash.
    http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/violations

5. nicomp profile image59
    nicompposted 2 years ago

OK I took off the Amazon capsule for the programming book -- computers can't interpret subtlety.

1. colorfulone profile image88

Let us know it that did the trick.

6. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 2 years ago

I see this problem so many times in my forum blog thing where I inexpensively give misleading advice to idiots.

"How can we make money?" they say and I do my best to take a little off them.

"Buy my book" I tell them but of course no one wants a book these days.

That's why I have been running some weekend courses for females only at a motel where I have negotiated reasonable rates.  There is a thirty minute seminar in the afternoon and then tea and biscuits where we exchange stories about affiliate marketing.

Some of the luckier ladies receive one to one SEO strategy tips in private twenty minute sessions.  Towels provided.

1. NateB11 profile image94
      NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Lol!

2. nicomp profile image59

Sadly, Mark is telling the truth.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
        Mark Ewbieposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I hope you found the sessions helpful and relaxing Nicomp.  Sorry we had to cut the third one short.

1. NateB11 profile image94
          NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hahahaha!

3. colorfulone profile image88

Sheesh! smile

7. NateB11 profile image94
    NateB11posted 2 years ago

What relache said is right. i kept thinking in the back of my mind that those skulls are about malicious links. I've had those, just have to get rid of the links. Maybe it came up skulls because Bubblews was down thursday to Monday.

Technically, BubbleWs was not down. They had a landing page. All the site monitoring services thought it was 'up.'

8. nicomp profile image59
    nicompposted 2 years ago

The skull is gone now. Other HubRules are violated but if I get a skull for providing a source URL for a screen shot, then I'll take out the source URL and forgo the skull.

working