jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

The New Hubpages Author Bios. Waddaya think?

1. Olivia Sanzzi profile image84
    Olivia Sanzziposted 15 months ago

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to say that I'm REALLY digging the new Hubpages author bios. Segmentation was always a question for me, and now I feel more confident about using the same account for a broader range of subjects without alienating my original niche audience.

That is, of course, assuming that no one will dive deep enough to see ALL that a single author has written. I think it's safe to assume that most readers would rather peruse articles on the popular list than dive into my profile. After all, who wouldn't want to read the "best of the best" from everyone? ^_^

Anyway, ave any of you tried the new bios out yet? Foresee any pitfalls? Are you using (or going to use 1, several, or all 25? Overall, what do you think?

1. peachpurple profile image79
      peachpurpleposted 15 months ago in reply to this

i had created different bio for different category of my article. Can't use the same bio for all

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 15 months ago

I haven't fiddled around with them yet, they seem somewhat pointless to me.

3. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 15 months ago

I am using a few of them and I think they are a great addition.  They are short, sweet and to the point and allow you to pitch yourself a bit to your readers so that hopefully they will trust you and go on to read and share more of your content. 

I have a few different niches I write for and the ability to create different author bios is one of the best new features they've come out with here in awhile.  I'm excited about it.

4. colorfulone profile image89
    colorfuloneposted 15 months ago

I just went and tried the Author Bios and put one on two hubs in the same niche. Its easy to do and does not take much time. I will slowly add a unique bio to each hub when I get around to it so I do not have duplicate content.

1. ChristinS profile image94
      ChristinSposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Having the same bio on multiple hubs under the same niche wouldn't count as duplicate content or they wouldn't give us that option.  You don't have to change it for every single hub - unless for some reason you really, really want to create all that extra work for yourself smile

They actually mentioned in the blog post that you can put the same bio on several hubs.  Also, you are only allowed up to 25 unique bios.

1. colorfulone profile image89
        colorfuloneposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for that info, Christin. I had not read the blog post on that yet.

5. robertzimmerman2 profile image83
    robertzimmerman2posted 15 months ago

I just added one and attached it to most of my hubs. I think it's a great idea but I wish it had a few more characters of space to work with.

6. starme77 profile image85
    starme77posted 15 months ago

Haven't tried it yet, but I think it sounds like a great idea. An author can write on different subjects and be able to portrait his expertise on each one seperatly. Also would help with search results If the hub is in a particular nich i would think. smile

1. Olivia Sanzzi profile image84
      Olivia Sanzziposted 15 months ago in reply to this

Agreed! ^_^

7. Snakesmum profile image90
    Snakesmumposted 15 months ago

So far, I've only used it on a couple of groups, but will most likely add more bios when I have time.   Seems like a good idea.

8. skear profile image92
    skearposted 15 months ago

I think they are a nice touch to the hubs.  Overall they seem more useful than having a bio on my profile page that seldom gets viewed.