jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

OK This is becoming very Tiresome! Why are the Share buttons gone?

1. Don Bobbitt profile image93
    Don Bobbittposted 19 months ago

I tried to share a hub I was reading and Voila! There were no Share buttons on the Hub anywhere. I check with a few others and the same thing is true. Yesterday, Yes, Today, No.

1. Old Poolman profile image81
      Old Poolmanposted 19 months ago

Perhaps the PC Police wanted them to get rid of the buttons so we could no longer share?

2. paradigm search profile image79
      paradigm searchposted 19 months ago

Scared me there for a sec... They're still there. Do ctrl- to shrink screen. smile

3. tillsontitan profile image90
      tillsontitanposted 19 months ago

To learn more Don check out:  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/132577

4. Don Bobbitt profile image93

tilsontitan- Jeez! This Crap is becoming such a nuisance. I mean, really? they think presenting a larger screen is going to save HP? What about those of us (HPers and other people on the web) who use multiple windows and don't use a full-screen display. Are we going to need a cheat sheet of "Control" functions to use our own domain? I've been here for 6-years now, but do I need to start an alternate site search? I want to write and read, not get jerked around.
      Oh Well, DON

1. tillsontitan profile image90
        tillsontitanposted 19 months ago in reply to this

It does seem difficult and a bit sad, but hopefully we'll adjust and things will be better.  Six years is a long time to just walk away.  I know you have lots of friends, as do I, and that's what we stay for more than anything.
        HP gave me the courage to write my children's book and my novel.  I hope it is always around to help give that support and interest to other writers.

5. jackclee lm profile image76
      jackclee lmposted 19 months ago

I have the same problem. I am on a Mac and changing the screen to full still does not work. I can't see the share icons. What is going on?

6. Don Bobbitt profile image93

jackclee- I use a Mac also. Just grab the right side of your window and "stretch it" wider and the icons will be there. This is a stupid mistake made by stupid ( untrained?) programmers. I assume that at some point HP will get someone to read a manual on "auto fitting" website pages into a web window. LOL! DON

1. jackclee lm profile image76
        jackclee lmposted 19 months ago in reply to this

Based on the link by tillsontitan - it appears Hubpages is removing this feature.

working