jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

My Hub Title and Url not matched

1. Felipe Solem profile image60
    Felipe Solemposted 22 months ago

Hi, I have a hub called "Great Things and Risk About Outsourcing CAD Services" but the URL is "http://felipesolem.hubpages.com/hub/Outsourcing-CAD-Activities-for-Faster-Output".

Please help. How can I change the URL the same with the title?

Thanks!

2. Faceless39 profile image90
    Faceless39posted 22 months ago

Once you've established the URL you can't change it. The only thing you can do is start another hub with the URL you desire, and transfer everything over. What I've found is that the name has more clout than the actual URL. Wishing you luck..

3. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 22 months ago

The URL has limited impact so don't worry - the title is most important.

Many of us will tweak titles over time to improve how easily hubs are found.

4. Felipe Solem profile image60
    Felipe Solemposted 22 months ago

Thanks for your help. Actually, this is my first hub so I am wondering if it has a negative impact for SEO

5. ashishnikumbh profile image77
    ashishnikumbhposted 22 months ago

URL definitely impacts SEO. As per the common saying goes, first 4-5 words in a URL are extremely important for the search results point of view. Having said that, in your case I believe the URL is fine as it includes some good keywords in the beginning of the URL, "Outsourcing-CAD-Activities-for-Faster-Output". If you replace the same with the title, very general terms such as "Great Things and Risks" will get an edge over your main keywords i.e. CAD activities, and your article might not get targeted audience.

By the way, HubPages doesn't give you the option of permalink that you get with Wordpress and that means, you can't change the URL.

1. Felipe Solem profile image60
      Felipe Solemposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Thanks, you explained it well.

1. ashishnikumbh profile image77
        ashishnikumbhposted 22 months ago in reply to this

You're welcome smile

working