jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: ECM in Today's World

1. NoelMascarenhas profile image61
    NoelMascarenhasposted 13 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub ECM in Today's World (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Looks like duplicate content. There are many similar articles all saying the same thing. You may need to ask yourself - does your article add anything to the topic that isn't already out there? Are you simply repeating material for the sake of it? Have you simply taken the Wikipedia article and rewritten it?

If this is the case, then your hub is unlikely to impress QAP.

1. NoelMascarenhas profile image61
        NoelMascarenhasposted 13 months ago in reply to this

To answer your observations:
        Similar articles would be available - I agree-however don't you have similar articles on most sites-something which adds variety/content to readers/researchers?
        Have i rewritten the Wikipedia article - the answer is no-I was hoping that you objectively share my drawbacks rather than passing judgements.

1. theraggededge profile image94
          theraggededgeposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Asking questions and making suggestions, not passing judgements. You asked for feedback to help your Hub pass the QAP. I'm trying too help you.

So does your article add something new, different and unique to what is already out there? That's my objective question based on the information (drawbacks) you've been given by QAP.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 months ago

"Spammy" usually means that there is one or more links in your Hub which are not allowed.  It may be a  link to a prohibited site, or a link to an irrelevant product or website.  I can't see any links in your Hub so that can't be the reason. 

The other possible reason is that they consider your Hub was written with the sole purpose of promoting your business.  That is also not permitted - a Hub must have value to readers in its own right, it cannot just be a press release.  However, since you have no links to your business either on the Hub or on your profile, I can't see how that could be the reason either.

Was that definitely the reason, or was that one of several possible reasons mentioned in the notification?   Another possibility is that the article is not original - if it's already published anywhere else on the web, then it is not acceptable on HP.

working