jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Haigwood Studios Photography shows how

1. John Haigwood profile image80
    John Haigwoodposted 8 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Haigwood Studios Photography shows how (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 8 months ago

This hub is almost all photos and no text. HubPages requires that articles contain anywhere from 800-1200 words.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Hubpages does not have a minimum text requirement, almost none of my featured hubs have over 800 words in them. But photo hubs do need to be in the right category. 

As you are the expert photographer who took these pictures, I am baffled that several of them are pixelated. I suggest that you fix that.

You may have been dinged for being to obviously self-promotional by putting your studio name in the heading.

3. Richard-Bivins profile image89
    Richard-Bivinsposted 8 months ago

I would toss the whole thing and start over...

First, choose a more useful URL such as, (Secrets to successful food photography )

Add at least a hundred more words per text module.. you have a total of 481 words which is fine for people looking to skim over a topic but not nearly enough to get any in depth solutions.

And an introduction to let the reader know why they should listen to your tips... it's rare that anyone will click over to your profile before reading your hub.

All of your photos are pixelated which makes them look out of focus and not very professional... if you're worried about someone stealing your photos then creating online content is not for you... it comes with the territory... you just need to become vigilante with DMCA notices.   I would remove the big block numbers from the photos you have now, then when you re-upload them use all tools provided to link them to their original source... keeping them online on other photo sharing sites will allow you to cross promote and get the exposure you are seeking from HP.

4. calculus-geometry profile image87
    calculus-geometryposted 8 months ago

Not to beat a dead horse about your pixelated photos but it is helpful to know that HP formats photo uploads so that full-width images are 520 pixels wide and half-width images are 260 pixels wide.  That means for best quality you should upload an image that is at least 1040 pixels wide. If you upload something smaller than 520 for a full-width image it ends up pixelated.

5. John Haigwood profile image80
    John Haigwoodposted 8 months ago

Thanks for everyone's help. We are taking all of the suggestions! It should look much better by the end of today.