jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Does anyone use Instagram to advertise their HP blogs?

1. livingwithquality profile image80
    livingwithqualityposted 7 months ago

I'm new to Hubpages. Signed up yesterday, in fact. Hello everyone!!
    My question is this- Does anyone use Instagram as a form of advertising their blogs and URL address? It happens to be the only social media that I have left.
    I am willing to reactivate Facebook again, if truly needed. However, I would really like to avoid having to do that if Instagram has potential for advertising. I'm a stay at home mom of a toddler and pregnant with my next. I don't necessarily have time to keep up with HP along with several other social media accounts.
    Any answers would help.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 7 months ago

I, too, would be interested in hearing about Instagram.

3. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 7 months ago

Firstly, welcome to HubPages. I don't see why you couldn't use Instagram to promote your hubs (this isn't a blog site though). I share my hubs on Facebook, Google+, Pinterest and Twitter, but don't have Instagram. Be aware that search engine traffic is all that counts to keep your hubs featured (not social media views).

livingwithqualityposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for your response. I'm a stay at home mom with limited time to spend online. So, I will just try my hardest to utilize the one social media form that I do have. Also, thank you for filling me in on the search engine traffic subject as well. Much needed information. Have a great day!

4. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 months ago

You can use any means you like to promote your Hubs, it's entirely up to you.

The thing to ask yourself is, who will see your posts on Instagram, Facebook etc?    If you have a large circle of friends on those services, then it may be worth posting - but if not, then the effort may not be worthwhile.

Thanks Marisa. I started a new Instagram aside from my personal one for blogging. Starting to wonder if I should just stick to my personal one, as I already have many followers on there. Decisions, decisions. Have a great day!

5. KMSplumeau profile image90
    KMSplumeauposted 7 months ago

I've had a good amount of increased traffic to my hubs by posting them frequently on Pinterest. Not in a spam kind of way, but sharing the photos and blurbs about the hub when I write a new one. Welcome to the site and best of luck!

Thank you for this response! I actually just started using Pinterest more now that I am blogging, and hoping for some increased traffic on there, as well. Best of luck to you too smile

6. fivesenses profile image82
    fivesensesposted 7 months ago

Thanks for asking that question @livingwithquality and thanks to everyone else for the answers.

I wanted to ask this myself, since I have never ever promoted my hubs anywhere(except maybe twitter some time back), thinking I might be breaking some rule.