Introducing: AxleAddict.com!

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (85 posts)
  1. Marina Lazarevic profile image77
    Marina Lazarevicposted 8 years ago

Our latest site is about all things motorized (autos, trucks, rvs, etc): AxleAddict. This is a relatively small site. Congrats to the Hubbers who have had Hubs chosen!

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
      LuisEGonzalezposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Any idea on a photography niche???

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12934907_f248.jpg

2. gerimcclym profile image95
      gerimcclymposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Looking good!

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Are you still in the process of choosing hubs from those that are already available, or is this it?

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

On another thread, Christy said this is just the first pass to get the niche sites started - so they will be coming back for more, but it may be a while.

2. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 8 years ago

You guys are moving right along with these things. big_smile

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 8 years ago

Is it a good plan to just write things here as always, and allow folks to move them to the appropriate niche site when the time comes?

I'd be horribly stressed about joining several new sites for different topics.

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You don't have any say in whether your articles stay here on the original site or are moved to one of the niche sites.  Selection is done solely by HP staff.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85

Think of it this way:  Each site is a total website.  If you had to start one on your own, it would take forever to start earning with it.  This way, you keep earning and don't have to do a thing other than write.

What I like is that I can write about anything, no longer having to write just on one niche topic.   So what if one article goes to one spot and another to a different one?  The views and money still show up the same way they always did, except now there is more of a chance for success.

It will be interesting to see how all of this works out, but I would continue writing hubs, because you never know when one will get chosen, and it might just be the one that goes viral!

4. lobobrandon profile image87
    lobobrandonposted 8 years ago

Hey Marina, you guys do know that the sites are still being interlinked right smile I mean there are tatring hubs in the related section on bellatory. I know this is out of topic here, but just wanted to point it out. I'm sure there will be similar interlinking on the new axeladdict site as well.

5. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 8 years ago

Wonderful news! I was looking forward to a niche site for autos since my hub that was selected and moved there has been doing well, and now I expect it to do even better.

One thing I noticed, though, is that the next and last from the group is no longer at the bottom as it is on the home site. Was this a conscious decision to drop the "More in this series" section or was it lost by mistake?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85

Glenn:  I'm glad to hear that because they just moved 16 of my RV hubs over to that site.  I'm hoping there will be more to follow and really hoping that this move will increase my page views. How much of an uptick did you see on that article after the move?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
        Rochelle Frankposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That sounds great!  You should get a big uptick from that. I have two there and I think they are already moving up. One of my fashion choices is up quite a bit and the other up a little in views.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

2. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 8 years agoin reply to this

TT, did you have Amazon capsules on those hubs, and if so did they survive the move?

3. Glenn Stok profile image96
        Glenn Stokposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations on your 16 RV hubs. It's too soon to tell if there is any uptick. I think my hub was just moved this morning. I'll post again when I see any changes.

OK.  Now the number is 21, with 1 having been moved to Pethelpful.  I'm learning a lot from the way the editors are doing things.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
            Phyllis Doyleposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You are HOT, TT2. Congratulations, well done!  smile

Thanks, Phyllis.   I'm hoping this is just the beginning, though, as I have an entire cadre of RV hubs that could use some help!

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
                Phyllis Doyleposted 8 years agoin reply to this

+1  How exciting for you.

2. wilderness profile image94

I caught that, too.  That whole series is missing from the "new" hub.

3. paradigmsearch profile image59
      paradigmsearchposted 8 years agoin reply to this

"More in this series" is not on any of the niche sites. The plot thickens... big_smile

4. Marina Lazarevic profile image77
      Marina Lazarevicposted 8 years agoin reply to this

This was intentional, and Hub Groups haven't been rendered on any of the new sites.  We will soon retire Hub Groups and replace it with More by this Author. The main reasons being: the two features are similar and Hub Groups was rarely used as it was intended (to group Hubs that are in a series rather than just related to one another).

1. wilderness profile image94

Glad I put the "prior" and "next" in the text in my series as well as grouping them, then.  Thanks, Marina.

2. Glenn Stok profile image96

Hi Marina. Thanks for that explanation. I like the idea of calling it "More by this Author" as you had mentioned. But I hope HP keeps the ability to specify which ones to list there. I wouldn't want random hubs of mine appearing that don't relate to the present one. I don't think that would serve any purpose.

I realize many Hubbers didn't group their hubs at all. If you wish to take a look at how I organized my groups on my account, I'd be glad to hear your thoughts.

If they are all on the same site (I assume they will be) then there will be at least some relevance.  At least we shouldn't see a recipe hub as "more by the author" on a car repair one.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96

Ahh yes. That makes sense. And it also makes it automatic so Hubbers no longer need to put effort into arranging groups.

Outside of a series, anyway.  And the one or two series I have I'll just put into the text.

True. I understand that. The last and next designation is useful for those, such as you, who create hubs as a series. Maybe HP might consider leaving both methods with an option to select which we want at the bottom of our hubs. "More in this series" or "More by this Author".

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85

I grouped mine and had hoped groups would remain on the old site, at least.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image91
            Jesse Drzalposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on being chosen, T2.

Thanks.  They just added one more and it looks like they're editing two more as we speak to get them ready for the change.  Me like!!

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
        DzyMsLizzyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Uh-oh--does this mean we will no longer be able to use groups to group our own hubs together for easy finding/categorizing, by creating our own groups??

1. paradigmsearch profile image59

Exactly.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
            DzyMsLizzyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

mad grumble, grumble, grumble...  mad

6. paradigmsearch profile image59

Topic/category idea: auto accessories

7. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 8 years ago

While I'm please to see several hubs go into this new domain, I wasn't so pleased at the snipping that happened first.

One hub on installing brakes and rotors on a specific truck had Amazon capsules for those brakes and rotors snipped out.  The other, on choosing and installing an electric car charger had the Amazon capsules for the three differing styles of chargers being discussed snipped.  I've got an email in to the team, but haven't heard anything back yet.

8. paradigmsearch profile image59

Hark! I have also become one of the Chosen Ones. Autographs available for only $9.95. Gotten me motivated here it has. Life is good.

9. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 8 years ago

Wow! Just noticed a huge uptick in traffic on my hub that was moved to AxleAddict!

Found it. Google has indexed it in 4 different places on the site. I wonder if that is the norm per hub, what with all the here and there lists.

I'm pretty sure the old URL listings will eventually be dropped from Google since they are 401 redirects to the one on AxleAddict.

Those 4 are all on AxleAddict. As for Google, you are right. Your exact title in quotes has 3,590 results when the whole slush pile is included. big_smile

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I noticed at least one in the slush pile is a plagiarized copy of my hub. I guess I have some work to do again with sending DMCA reports. As for the four in AxleAddict, I'm not sure what that means. I'll have to check on that since it makes no sense.

Yeah, it is not pretty. I need to go on another extermination binge, myself.

It's been a while since I had to do that. By the way, the other listings on AxleAddict are references to my hub. Only one is the real thing.

10. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 8 years ago

Am I right in thinking Google Analytics loses sight of hubs that have been moved?

11. janderson99 profile image54
    janderson99posted 8 years ago

It is a terrible URL name choice. IMO

12. TeriSilver profile image96
    TeriSilverposted 8 years ago

I agree.  But I can't say I like one or two of the others, either.

1. janderson99 profile image54
      janderson99posted 8 years agoin reply to this

+1  have been developing my own sites as homes for hubs. I have found much better names - all (dot) com's e.g foodfactstips etc. The URL name DOES matter as people look at the source when choosing from the SERP list presented to them.

1. Will Apse profile image87
        Will Apseposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Probably best to avoid three word names. 

I reckon any short, pronounceable name with some kind of reference to the subject is fine. Delishably is just about pronounceable if you are stone cold sober. PetHelpful and TatRing are genuinely memorable. AxleAddict is brutal enough for its niche.

Bellatory is never going to grow on me.

Bare minimum the URL should contain the main keyword = topic.

If you are aiming to be a mega brand there is no need to use any reference to anything at all. Amazon might suggest a mighty river of goods and products, I suppose. Twitter is a vague reference to short bursts of communication, Google would suggest 'big number' and 'science' to a very small group of people...

But what about Etsy, Weebly etc? Nothing, I can think of.

Small niches need something that sort of makes sense straight away.

Exact match domains have been targeted by Google but can still get traffic if they they have quality content.

2. Jesse Drzal profile image91

AxleAddict could be misconstrued for a fan site for hard rock/metal music legend Axle Rose..may throw a wrench in the gears of the Google bot.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news- … /492828771

A company called Addict makes scooter and board Axles. Silly name will cause confusion. Looks like the key criteria was length  less than 13.

Axl Rose, Who he? Addict scooters? Who they?

Maybe I have been living in the jungle too long, lol.

Bellatory, though. Shudder. I reckon it is meant to be beauty laboratory, as Kyllisa (sorry if misspelling) suggested.  I could find a pic of rabbits screaming as shampoo is tested in their eyes but I don't think I should.

1. Solaras profile image97
                Solarasposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Bellatory = Bela Lugosi is dead, Bauhaus

1. Jesse Drzal profile image91

I like Bauhaus!

It is different with a southern accent. Sort of werewolfy.

2. lobobrandon profile image87
                    lobobrandonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Bauhaus is a registered trademark in Germany. I don't think it would be available in any form.

13. paradigmsearch profile image59

I am pleased to report AdSense works fine and dandy on the niche sites. Not exactly earthshaking news, but I like reporting positive events.

The AxleAddict domain name popped right up on my home page. Looks purdy.

How about that? We now have automatic earnings reporting by topic without having to mess with URLs, Channels, and all that.

Come to think of it, I haven't heard a peep from Delishably, even though my hub has been there awhile and is getting traffic.

1. Rodeon profile image57
      Rodeonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Good days for HubPages, isn't it? smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image59

I haven't worked with the URL channels in years, thus I know next to nothing about them these days. AxleAddict popping up has gotten me messing with them again; if nothing else, there's a lot of obsolete stuff to cleanup. As to Delishably's absence, my curiosity has escalated to concern; I'll give it a few more days before starting a thread about it.

?

Where are all the usual complaints?

2. Rodeon profile image57

Did you actually edit your comment to make it look.............      Bhahahahaha!

lol someone please let us see again paradigmsearch's that original, optimistic comment! lol lol

3. lobobrandon profile image87

This should be immediate. Maybe check the source code of the page to check if your publisher ID shows?

It will definitely take some time, you   see! big_smile

smile

2. lobobrandon profile image87

Who are you Rodeon? You seem to be like PD... But you aren't allowed to post from 2 accounts you know.

What did you say?

1. lobobrandon profile image87

You are trolling this thread lol. Just like what PD does on some haha. But I know PD. Who are you? You seem to be new (the profile I mean)

Go sleep it's 11:40 of night!

It's just 7:10 PM and I would be awake at 11:40 anyway

2. DrMark1961 profile image97
                  DrMark1961posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Based on his poor syntax, I thought this was another DasEngel.
                  As the other thread mentioned, ignore the trolls and they will probably go away.

Oh yes. That's highly likely forgot about that guy lol

14. Rodeon profile image57
    Rodeonposted 8 years ago

"Our Purpose and Goal

Our goal at AxleAddict.com is to be the best place online to find high-quality, informative-style content. We are also a platform for enthusiasts and aficionados to create original, useful, in-depth content. In most cases, we pair our authors with professional editors to create a well-written, informative piece."

https://axleaddict.com/about-us

Its probably not very important but that entire 'about us' needs a re-write. Too many redundant phrases. A bit clumsy all round. Kind of stuff people write when they have had a long day.

Is that enough of a complaint? I have also had a long day.

Do you remember Hub Pages 6 month ago? You have a good memory if you do.

Hard to keep up with it.

15. Rodeon profile image57
    Rodeonposted 8 years ago

Guess we need to re-invent our complaint strategies.

Maybe, just re-write them?

16. paradigmsearch profile image59

This thread should have at least one meme...

https://i.imgflip.com/t94i7.jpg

17. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 7 years ago

2 months eh?

jus noticed

cool 4 me

thx

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)