jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Where does your Hubpages traffic derive from?

1. JRScarbrough profile image88
    JRScarbroughposted 5 months ago

I've read so much on Hubpages and how to get traffic, but I am wondering about the general community and where everyone is gathering their traffic steam.

I realize that each hubber will probably have different techniques and that is the basis of my question. If willing to share, what techniques do you use to get traffic flowing toward your individual hubs rather than toward your profile's subdomain.

What is allowed and what isn't and what is your most effective method?

1. Sharlee01 profile image67
      Sharlee01posted 5 months ago in reply to this

What little I get comes from Pinterest, and Google in that order.

2. erorantes profile image32
      erorantesposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Mister jrscarbrough, you can find the sites for your hubs on your profile page. They are on the right corner. I was reading your profile; I am looking forward reading your hubs about what you know.. Thank you in advance.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 months ago

Search engines, mainly Google

1. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Pinterest is a good source for me.

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 months ago

Google. Pinterest is a close second.

4. makingamark profile image77
    makingamarkposted 5 months ago

Huge percentage (probably averages out at 80%+) from Google - every variation from all over the world. Plus other search engines.

Minor player is my blog.
    My model of operation used to be to do a blog project or an in-depth blog post about a topic and then create a back-up site on Squidoo for all the information I identified during the course of research. It was a way of sharing bookmarks. So I would then link to the site from the reference links at the end of the blog post. So blog posts from the last 10 years which are still very popular (there's lots) still send traffic to my hubs on HubPages.

HubPages itself is a very minor player in terms of sending me traffic

My new sites send traffic to the hubs which have not yet moved but will do in future - at which point that traffic will shut down.

5. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 5 months ago

Google and Pinterest..about equal

6. NateB11 profile image92
    NateB11posted 5 months ago

Mainly Google. Use SEO keywords research, keyphrases with decent search volume and low competition in titles, but some articles get traffic without using those principles. Of course you have to write a decent article too. People debate length of article, but my experience is that traffic comes to articles with word count of 500-800 as well as longer articles in the 1200 or so range. An article dense with good information is still liable to get traffic even if not that long of an article.

There is also the periodic surge in traffic because an article was shared on Facebook or Tumblr or even on another website via link in an article.

1. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 5 months ago in reply to this

Also, I actually follow the guidelines in the edit tool for adding media elements, etc.

7. makingamark profile image77
    makingamarkposted 5 months ago

Three more tips for traffic....

Write a totally focused longish blog post or hub on one VERY precise topic (niche niche niche!!!)
    Get the title spot on re telling people what it is about
    Summarise the whole article/blog post in one or two lines at the beginning

I get loads of traffic on my blog for posts I wrote years ago and have never ever revisited - because I got the topic and title right and the content is good.

8. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image95
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 months ago

Find and join as many facebook groups you can which are groups about whatever it is you write about. Don't link bomb the groups, just post one link to your work every week or so, and give a nice, gracious bit of text along with the link to a Hub.

9. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 5 months ago

My traffic comes from Pinterest, Google, My sites/blogs, and Facebook.  Pinterest was the best thing that ever happened to my blogs and many of my hubs smile.