jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Using hubpages to earn or to promote website

1. 60
    saukgpposted 3 months ago

I want to know, that how can I get most out of hubpages. Should I use hubpages as a place to earn with referrals and ad, or should I use it to promote my website/blog. Which strategy is more successful here?

1. lions44 profile image94
      lions44posted 3 months ago in reply to this

1. Be a good writer first.  If you're not, all other attempts at promotion will not go well.  That is especially important in marketing

2. Use social media - It is the best way to get non HP views

3. Check out other hubbers and follow those you like.

2. NateB11 profile image92
      NateB11posted 3 months ago in reply to this

You have to be careful about using HP to promote your own site because they don't allow work on the site that is purely promotional; of course, you could put links in an article that links to your site when it is relevant.

You can earn money here, but, in my opinion, you have to have good SEO skills to do so. But the earnings might not be spectacular, still you'll receive regular payouts if you write good content and apply SEO techniques. Or you have to write a pretty large volume of work about something with which you have some expertise.

1. Solaras profile image93
        Solarasposted 3 months ago in reply to this

If you link to your website, even though its not solely for the promotion of that link, you may run into a bonehead that keeps unfeaturing it for being overly promotional.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 months ago

I'm pretty sure that using HubPages solely to draw traffic to your own site is considered "overly promotional" and therefore is a no-no.