jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

When's the last time you got flowers at work and why?

1. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

Was it for a special occasion? Birthday? Anniversary? Or was it just because?

Who sent them to you? Parent? Spouse? Boyfriend/Girlfriend? Friend?

2. compu-smart profile image79
    compu-smartposted 7 years ago

Ive never ever been given flowers as such! although I have been given some  beautiful 'buds' but I think these dont count as they are classified as weeds! lol! cool

3. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

I can't remember as it has been a long time. sad

4. Maddie Ruud profile image83
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

I've never gotten flowers at work.  But I've sent flowers to a significant other's office.

5. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago

I've never received flowers except once for work, from the company offices for my promotion - all the people promoted received flowers at work. I have also sent flowers to people at work for congratulations on all sorts of occasions. 

On the one hand, I miss having never received flowers more often, but on the other, I'd rather plant a flowering perenniel it more than once. Someone gave me several vases of funeral flowers once when I was a teen and it creeped me out.

Anotehr recolelction is that at once company, a coworker used to send herself flowers from a secret admirer - I finally realized she must have been lonely.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image83
      Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps she was following Cher's advice in Clueless, to try to make herself seem desirable.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That could be right. A good possibility.

6. Darker Passages profile image61
    Darker Passagesposted 7 years ago

Last time I received flowers at work they were ordered by my boyfriend's secretary (they were having an affair).  It was my birthday.  He had forgotten, she remembered. He missed a message from her saying she'd sent them.  When I thanked him, he had no idea what I was talking about.

7. Kudlit profile image52
    Kudlitposted 7 years ago

It was last year before I quit the corporate world. The marketing department was sending flowers to our customers who placed repeat orders. When we came to work in the morning, each Account Manager has bunch of flowers on his/her table.

That was really cool but I was thinking how much it cost the company. There were hundreds of Account Managers.

8. LondonGirl profile image91
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

The only time I've ever had flowers at work was a lovely collection from Chambers when Isaac was born.

9. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

It's been several years ago for me.  It was from a guy I had been talking to online.  It was my first experience with ProFlowers.com and I highly recommend them.  I actually wrote a hub about this experience called "My Crazy Online Experience".