jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Phone Number Required In order To Publish A New Hub?

1. Psycho-Gamer profile image62
    Psycho-Gamerposted 11 months ago

I am not allowed to publish a new hub unless i input a phone number for verification ??????
    So i spent the last 5 hours preparing a series of 3 hubs and now i cant publish them ??????
    Because first of all i dont have a cell phone, secondly i dont share my land line with anyone i dont know personally and thirdly there is no freaking way on this universe i would share private, sensitive  data on the internet.

There is no other way to verify whatever needs to be verified, although i have already done that through email when i authenticated my account?

I apologize in advance if there is a similar thread in the forum, I searched the first 3 pages and found nothing. I just havent the time and patience to check every page.

2. relache profile image84
    relacheposted 11 months ago

HubPages requests phone numbers to rule out spammers.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#phoneverify

1. Psycho-Gamer profile image62
      Psycho-Gamerposted 11 months ago in reply to this

thanks for answering
      but this isnt going to happen ..not in this lifetime...im not sharing tel. number on the interent
      i have already authenticated the account when it was transfered from squidoo
      there is no other way?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 months ago in reply to this

Email the team.  Perhaps they will allow you to provide it privately to them.

3. Psycho-Gamer profile image62
    Psycho-Gamerposted 11 months ago

it has been resolved
    i contacted the hubpages team i explained my situation
    and they allowed me to publish without phone verification
    i dont know if it will happen the same thing for other people
    but they were able to help me

working