jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Phone Number Required In order To Publish A New Hub?

1. Psycho-Gamer profile image79
    Psycho-Gamerposted 2 months ago

I am not allowed to publish a new hub unless i input a phone number for verification ??????
    So i spent the last 5 hours preparing a series of 3 hubs and now i cant publish them ??????
    Because first of all i dont have a cell phone, secondly i dont share my land line with anyone i dont know personally and thirdly there is no freaking way on this universe i would share private, sensitive  data on the internet.

There is no other way to verify whatever needs to be verified, although i have already done that through email when i authenticated my account?

I apologize in advance if there is a similar thread in the forum, I searched the first 3 pages and found nothing. I just havent the time and patience to check every page.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 2 months ago

HubPages requests phone numbers to rule out spammers.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#phoneverify

1. Psycho-Gamer profile image79
      Psycho-Gamerposted 2 months ago in reply to this

thanks for answering
      but this isnt going to happen ..not in this lifetime...im not sharing tel. number on the interent
      i have already authenticated the account when it was transfered from squidoo
      there is no other way?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image94
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 months ago in reply to this

Email the team.  Perhaps they will allow you to provide it privately to them.

3. Psycho-Gamer profile image79
    Psycho-Gamerposted 2 months ago

it has been resolved
    i contacted the hubpages team i explained my situation
    and they allowed me to publish without phone verification
    i dont know if it will happen the same thing for other people
    but they were able to help me

working