jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Time you keep technology....

1. icewave5 profile image61
    icewave5posted 7 years ago

How many items of the same piece of technology do you guys have  e.g. phones, t.v, phones and then throw them out since technology is advancing quickly and theres always better and cheaper items so you want to or need to have em. Many people dump their barely old technology and have like 4 phones already over a period of 3 years. Dumping of computors and phones causes chemicals to leak into the environment killing native wildlife, a serious issue?

For phone:I got 1 but lost it, have none now
    For computor:I got one computor and still using it.
    For t.v: Got 3 t.v and still using them, 1 broke down
    For apple items: 0 never got one

Overall i don't seem to be throwing things out and then buying new things until its broken.

2. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

Let's see. I've had probably 4 cell phones. I got my first when I was 14, I'm 21 now.
    I've had two laptops. My first was a Toshiba-piece-o-crap. It was awful. I gave it to my sister and bought a Mac smile AmAziNg!
    I have two tvs in my apartment. But in my life.. I don't really know how many I've had.
    I'm on my second I-pod. I got a free one with my laptop, so I gave my old one to my sister.

I've been fairly lucky with electronics. I haven't felt the need to "upgrade" I'm not a tech junky like my boyfriend who likes having the newest thing that comes out.

3. PaulaShaftoe profile image61
    PaulaShaftoeposted 7 years ago

In the family:
    3 Cell phones (the last replacement one got flushed down the toilet), donated all previous cell phones (3 I think)
    3 TVs: 2 working, 1 in the the garage for no good reason.
    3 Computers, all working and being used
    4 wireless phones, all working, 2 regularly hiding :-)
    4 or 5 digital cameras, 1 kicks butt, the others are used hardly at all. the older ones that cost $1000 a few years a go don't even get used by the kids.

It is a disposable world :-(

4. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Our techie stuff ... when new ones come in ...my sons donate the old to their cousins and friends, lol least they don't get wasted I guess, lol

5. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

On second laptop. Son had a fight with first one and badly injured it.

Third mobile. Lost one, run one over - don't ask, it's a stupid story.

TV - one. Rarely switch it on.

My techie 'thing' is hoovers. I'm on (roughly) number 27. I just love anything that sucks up filth.

Do discarded hoovers naff up the environment?

6. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

lol frog, that would be awesome...giant vacuum cleaner thingy to clean the environment, lol