jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Comes up as a duplicate

1. Gareth Meredith profile image69
    Gareth Meredithposted 6 months ago

Hello, I tried to publish something today and my article stated that it was a duplicate and that it was ''unpublished'' and I can no longer try and get it published. The article is here:

http://hubpages.com/education/Fluctuati … Black-Hole

Any suggestions what is wrong?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Hello,

Duplicate Content means a significant portion of your article is the same as work that was published elsewhere online. Duplicate content is not allowed, regardless of whether you are the author of the other copies in another blog or website or not. (Content on HubPages must be unique to this site.) If your work uses famous quotes or other text commonly found online in many places, we recommend making sure those quotes comprise no more than 10% of the total text of your article.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 months ago in reply to this

I think you mean NOT allowed, not NOW allowed, Christy!

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 6 months ago in reply to this

You are absolutely right, thank you Marisa! My typo has been corrected. smile

1. UnnamedHarald profile image93
            UnnamedHaraldposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Good thing Marissa pointed that out. Can you imagine all the speculative forum comments and arguments that would have erupted? smile

2. Gareth Meredith profile image69

Ok I am reading from other posts that it is something to do with copying work. I can assure you, the equations have been posted elsewhere, but the work is written here originally. This is my work, I have been writing physics for years.

This hasn't been copied in whole, there are only parts. So can anyone help me understand how to get this corrected?

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 6 months ago in reply to this

If you have published any part of it elsewhere on the web, it will show as duplicate - even though it is your own work. Otherwise, you can only use other people's work under fair usage and you must indicate that it is excerpted and include a source. Even then there's no guarantee that HP will approve it.

Edit: having re-read your post, are you saying that the hub itself was previously published and has been copied? You can try pasting a small portion of the text into Google and it should bring up the sites where it has been copied. Then you can issue a DMCA to the site's webhost and have it removed.

1. Gareth Meredith profile image69
        Gareth Meredithposted 6 months ago in reply to this

No it definitely is mine. How much does the site want you to change a document? For instance, I can't change equations to fit a copyright law. You can't fiddle about with them like you can the English language?

1. theraggededge profile image95
          theraggededgeposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Refresh the page and see my edit in previous reply.

3. carolynkaye profile image92
    carolynkayeposted 6 months ago

You can also check the url at www.copyscape.com and it will show any other places online where your content is showing up.

4. Gareth Meredith profile image69

I am trying to fix the work so it is acceptable. There is another warning attached, saying the work contains pixels in the pictures, but I have already has hubs published with the same kind of pictures attached, so I am not sure of the problem. Thanks!

working