jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

Duplication problem

1. Rotem profile image60
    Rotemposted 7 years ago

I got message in red color as duplicate when I saw my account details. this is what i see:
    Marine fish- the spectaculars species
    the article is totally original.

2. BristolBoy profile image82
    BristolBoyposted 7 years ago

I copied this section at random:

Clownfish are a popular species of marine aquarium fish Compatibility. All marine fish are tanked for a specified period of time for acclimation, in proper water parameters, under specific conditions to allow the easiest adaptation to aquarium life. Marine fish are the hardest of all fish to keep. Most species of marine fish are sensitive to water conditions and do not adapt easily to a new aquarium, it is best to add the fish after the aquarium has been functioning for a few months.

I then searched for it in Google and found that it appeared on a number of pages, such as http://completeaquariumguide.com/ and http://www.bullseyearticles.com/Article … orld/47719 and http://www.articlesbase.com/pets-articl … 95103.html

3. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

Yes, if the same information is elsewhere on the web, word for word, you will get a duplication message. Even if you wrote it all yourself, but have published it on another site as well as hubpages.  You also cannot take info word for word from other sites or articles even if just a paragraph or two.

1. Rotem profile image60
      Rotemposted 7 years ago in reply to this

BristolBoy and Janetta thanks.
      These are my articles.
      I published them in article directories.
      it is bad if it shown as duplicate in this site?

4. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

Well, it's not good...it will lower your score and reflect badly on you as a hubber. Doing that with a few hubs/articles is one thng, but you don't want to do it with all of them. Maybe try changing them up a little. Change your hub article by adding to it, rewording it and making it different from the original. That may help. And next time either publish on hubPages or publish on the other article directoreis, but not both. From what I understand, Google might not like it either.

5. gamergirl profile image62
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

Wait.. so you posted duplicate content and knew it was duplicated elsewhere, and wonder why you got a duplicate content warning?

Come on now..

1. Rotem profile image60
      Rotemposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, beacuse they are my articles so i wonder about the duplicate thing...

1. darkside profile image83
        darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's not a plagiarism flag or a copyright infringement flag. It's a flag to notify you that the same articles are published elsewhere.

6. Rotem profile image60
    Rotemposted 7 years ago

Thanks again.

7. gamergirl profile image62
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

Let me explain more for you then:

You took articles you wrote and reposted them in numerous places prior to coming to Hubpages and posting the SAME articles here.

So, while you wrote the articles, while they are yours, YOU have created a chain of duplicate content, which is not what you want to bring to Hubpages.

The warning on your hubs is just a reminder that you're posting the same article in various places over the web, and that will damage your Hubpages score, among other things.

8. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

It will also damage you in search engine results. Google considers it spam when you put the same content in multiple places.

9. Rotem profile image60
    Rotemposted 7 years ago

Thanks guys you sure help me....
    I will take care of it.

10. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Welcome to world of HP, Rotem smile we all make mistakes wink so dont be too hard on yourself, k smile

1. packerpack profile image60
      packerpackposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes buddy stay chill. Spend some time here and you will learn everything.