jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Suggestion: Editor Time Limits

1. EricDockett profile image95
    EricDockettposted 3 months ago

I update and edit my own Hubs all the time. I proofread, remove and/or write new text, change or add images and videos and evaluate product choices. Typically it takes 15 or 20 minutes, but even the most extensive cases rarely take more than an hour.

It seems reasonable that our professional editors here at HP should be able to work even quicker. Yet, for some inexplicable reason, they sometimes begin editing a Hub, then leave it locked for several days until they (eventually) come back and finish. This is akin to a contractor tearing up your kitchen floor and then disappearing for three weeks, leaving you with an unusable and inaccessible kitchen.

Not cool.

My suggestion is that editors have a fixed time limit once they begin working on a Hub. I think a couple of hours is appropriate. The Hub then reverts back to the author whether the editor is done or not. If the editors do not think they can complete the work in that time period they shouldn't begin the edit until they have enough time to do it properly.

This seems like a fair thing to ask for and I hope HP seriously considers this suggestion.

1. Will Apse profile image91
      Will Apseposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I reckon you are a secret Englishman...

2. Venkatachari M profile image84
      Venkatachari Mposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I didn't understand hubs getting locked up. You mean the hubs are not accessible for viewers? I never experienced any such kind of experience till now.  I hope my articles are also being got edited. There are many hub pro signs over them. But not got locked up.

1. EricDockett profile image95
        EricDockettposted 3 months ago in reply to this

By locked I mean you are unable to make changes to your own Hub while an editor is working on it. Readers are still able to see it.

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
          Venkatachari Mposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for this clarification. Then, it is ok.
          But, 24 hours should be the maximum period for the editing of hubs by HP if not earlier.

3. Kylyssa profile image95
      Kylyssaposted 2 months ago in reply to this

This will not happen. I had the editing bar at the top of my dashboard for well over a month for a single hub. They don't understand that we may find lack of access to our editing tools inconvenient or that we may wish to be responsive and add content to our hubs in a timely manner when big news occurs.

working