jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

I cannot respond to reader's requests for advice? NOW WHAT HP?

1. Don Bobbitt profile image93
    Don Bobbittposted 7 weeks ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12173135.jpg
    OK, here goes!
    If you look at my Hubs, you will quickly notice that the majority of them are about RV's Camping and suggestions and instructions on how to service, repair and upgrade one's RV.
    So, I get a lot of requests for technical, financial, and other forms of advice by other campers. For years now, I have received such requests, and I would promptly respond with suggestions to help them out. In fact, with just one of my Hubs, I have responded to over 200 such requests about electrical problems and such.
    But now, all of a sudden, I can no longer do this. OH, I can write a random comment and mention their name, but these new niche sites no longer allow me to see the requests and responses in a timeline sequence.
    This capability has been critical to me, my audience and the popularity of my Hubs.
    So, my question is; Are these fools who seem to make these arbitrary decisions at HP  these days really competent enough to see what is going on with we authors and our audience,
    I mean, honestly, at some point, they need to drop the IBOT ways of working and actually examine what is going on with each author's works, especially when some of us have numerous Hubs on a specific category. Do they even consider that there are often reasons for the ways we do things?
    DON, in a frustrated frame of mind.

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
      Venkatachari Mposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

So, you are so much frustrated to blame the staff for these happenings!!!
      And, you have posted the same question 12 times in your frustration!!!!!
      Please maintain coolness and react more nicely rather than with anger and haste. You can put your problem more in a decent manner.
      And, see, Marisa has confirmed they have done nothing to harass you.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 weeks ago

This is weird, because we have never ever had threaded comments on Hubs, so I'm not quite sure what you mean?

Don Bobbittposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Over the years, reader and author comments were listed chronologically. So, if you responded within a reasonable timeframe a response was right after the question.

You see, HP does not have a Hub format that allows for Q&A so this has been the only way to do such a thing.

Now, on their niche sites, specifically, AxleAddict, reader comment are chronological, but the author only has a comment field that lists at the top????

Oh Well!

OH and a response to "K" and his rude response; We don't talk like you did to each other here on HP. We may be critical, but we are still polite. Please try this yourself.

DON

1. Will Apse profile image90
        Will Apseposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

Just to point out which part of your of original post probably upset your critic most:

"So, my question is; Are these fools who seem to make these arbitrary decisions at HP  these days really competent enough to see what is going on with we authors and our audience "

I can't imagine that anyone in a position to help would really be encouraged to do so by that comment, lol.

3. eugbug profile image92
    eugbugposted 7 weeks ago

The author comment field is now at the top Don, and when you post, your reply appears at the bottom. Has this changed recently? I don't have any hubs on Axleaddict so I'm not sure what you mean.

Don Bobbittposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

eugbug - With AxleAddict, it can take a half a day or more for it to show a comment by a reader even though my HP shows it immediately. And then, I have to sign onto AxleAddict to get to my Hub to read and/or respond.
      Just saying! I'm not really complaining, because a majority of my RV Hubs have ended up on AxleAddict and my "reads" are still good, but still, I am beginning to sense a number of subtle differences from HP's home site.
      DON

1. eugbug profile image92
        eugbugposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

I notice sometimes I get an email about a reader's comment, then when I go to check the hub, the comment isn't there. So there's a lag. It doesn't always happen and there was a forum post about it a few months back.
        As regards a timeline, your hubs look ok with reader/author comments in chronological order with the most recent at the bottom. A button would be helpful though for reversing the order, with most recent at the top.

working