jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I just lost a follower.

1. Ivan Hernandez profile image83
    Ivan Hernandezposted 2 weeks ago

I lost a follower. I know it's an inappropriate subject, but what does that mean?

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 2 weeks ago

It means they decided to stop following.  In he absence of mental telepathy, there is no way to know why.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago

There are a few reasons why you may lose a follower.

Often, people join HubPages to promote their business. They follow lots of people to get attention, and they try to publish Hubs about their business.  They soon realise HubPages won't allow them to self-promote, so they leave (or sometimes HubPages bans them).   In that case, it will show up as a lost follower to you.

If you go to your profile and click "following", you can see who is following you.

4. Jeremy Gill profile image89
    Jeremy Gillposted 2 weeks ago

It happens man, best not to dwell on it. On a related note, is there any way to sort your followers by date of when they began following you? That'd be a cool feature.

5. blueheron profile image97
    blueheronposted 2 weeks ago

Your fellow hubbers are not your target audience--unless your main goal here is to socialize and seek validation. This is actually a perfectly reasonable goal, and I think many hubbers start out this way. This is a community that can help you hone your skills. But your real target audience is out there in the wide world somewhere.

6. Whispering Night profile image78
    Whispering Nightposted 2 weeks ago

Yes, some fellow hubbers are here for a different purpose you have to get an audience who really love to read your thoughts and opinions. I am here just to create entertainment for everyone.

working