jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my article: What are the benefits of Cloud data backup to..

1. Alex muiruri profile image76
    Alex muiruriposted 9 days ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my article What are the benefits of Cloud data backup to a common computer user? (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 9 days ago in reply to this

Hi there,

You'll have to remove the image links as they are commercial. If you haven't got permission to use the images themselves, you can't use them. I'm pretty sure you can't use Amazon images without a link to the product either.

You mention Tapnet. Why? Is it your business? You can't self-promote here. Ditto links to your own website. They have to go.

There are a number of minor grammatical errors through the article. Try reading the text out loud to pick them up. Here's the sort of thing I mean:

"If your fear that a hacker maybe unto you, it would be best to change the passwords on a daily, or weekly basis, based on the hackers expertise."

"If you fear that a hacker maybe targeting you..."

I'd also question in that sentence, how would the user know the hacker's expertise?

Don't use bullet points as subtitles. Break your text up into smaller capsules and use the proper subtitle boxes. Additionally put your main title and subtitles into title case, like this: What Are the Benefits of Cloud Data...."

Either explain what a Client-server model is, or don't refer to it. If you have to link out to Wikipedia to explain what you mean, then better not mention in the first place. Articles should be complete in themselves without linking out for more info.

It's a useful article though, perhaps 'over-worded'. It's possible to get that information into half the hub length. I'm surprised you don't mention free cloud storage services as they are usually sufficient for most home users. Then there are the more well-known services like DropBox, etc. The fact that you don't mention the obvious makes me think that this is a purely self-promotional piece, which is not permitted at HP.

There's more but I can't go through it all hmm

Hope that helps.

Alex muiruriposted 9 days ago in reply to this

Thanks

2. pen promulgates profile image80
    pen promulgatesposted 9 days ago

Hi Alex,

I like your writing. You explain technical stuff easily in simple words. Good job.

However, your article has some grammar issues. Some of them are:

In the beginning you have written 'another persons hard drives' it should be 'another person's hard drives' or better is hard drive of other person.

'you have in your everyday-today use in your computer' keep it day-to-day. Remove every.

In portability paragraph,
    You use 'can be able to' too much. Be able to = can. Work on that Plz.

Below are few instances (there are more).

Did you know that you can be able to carry cloud data backup anywhere? (remove be able to, rest is good)

And you can be able to download your data immediately from the Cloud archive.

You can be able to share data across your work station easily using cloud data backup.

Links:
    Remove the outgoing links from images. That brings another question, are your images legal to use? Those sources don't look free to use ones. You may face penalties. Use images that have creative common license. Pixabay.com is good.

There is another link to Wikipedia in the article. Remove that.

I also suggest you put benefits (capsules) reduction in maintenance cost and disaster recovery plan at top of the article as they are the most striking features.

Hope these help.
    Good luck.

Alex muiruriposted 9 days ago in reply to this

Thanks a lot. I'll look into that.

working