jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (24 posts)

Do you feel more accepted here on HubPages?

1. RJSkains profile image60
    RJSkainsposted 7 years ago

I've noticed that the people here on HubPages are a lot more fun to talk to than the people I see face to face everyday.

This raised a question in my mind:
    Do people feel more accepted on Hubpages?

I know I do.

Post how you feel when you're on HubPages.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago in reply to this

We also love to accept thoughtful and intelligent-looking poodles.

2. sassychic profile image60
      sassychicposted 7 years ago in reply to this

to be honest its sad to say yes but really it makes sense, I feel that society has ruined abit of what it is to enjoy people in face to facae or real life... sad but hey here it is great too!

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I think there is  bond and respect between Hubbers here and HP has standards which (pretty much) everybody follows. smile it's our own *office* wink lol

RJSkainsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I completely agree. I always feel much more respect here.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
        Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have only been on one other site, maybe two occasionally, but I think this one is well moderated--AND people actually write by making an effort to post something intelligent, interesting and coherent here.

-Also sometimes silly and fun.

There will always be a few who try to mix things up-- but the staff is very responsive.
        Cheers for HP.

3. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

I believe it is a warm community and we tend to make a few hubernet friends. smile

4. lxxy profile image60
    lxxyposted 7 years ago

I agree with everyone here. smile

This place is one of the last bastions of nearly troll free territory.

5. girly_girl09 profile image79
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

I just 'retired' (I'm 22 lol) from the political world career path and am going back to college so I can get my law degree.

That being said, after 4 years of working in that environment, it's nice to meet people from all around the world that have different viewpoints and experiences than my own!

I really enjoy it here. big_smile

6. VioletSun profile image69
    VioletSunposted 7 years ago

Its a warm, diverse community; wouldn't hang around if it was otherwise. smile

7. lumberjack profile image83
    lumberjackposted 7 years ago

Nah, I'm accepted everywhere.

8. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

a beautiful thought,, interestingly presented.

9. cashmere profile image83
    cashmereposted 7 years ago

It is a great place to be. There are many friends to make and a lot of good friends made in a relatively short time. The support for creativity is amazing

10. packerpack profile image60
    packerpackposted 7 years ago

Yes it is really a great place to be. I just cannot do without logging in here. When you are not writing any Hub you can always send time on forum, like I am doing now! smile

11. 60
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

I have been on a few other sites, mainly uk based only and I find the fact hubs is more worldwide its way better because you get to meet people from across the globe plus you are all way more understanding than English people,well except for Sofi and Hawk ok, anyway just my view.

12. abhitgo profile image60
    abhitgoposted 7 years ago

More fun Than Community Websites

13. Pete Maida profile image61
    Pete Maidaposted 7 years ago

I think we have a wonderful group of bright and talented people and I love the feedback and the banter.  I feel even the snipes are done in good fun.  This is by far my favorite place for writing and putting my two cents into the forums.

1. Rotem profile image60
      Rotemposted 7 years ago in reply to this

completely agree.

14. BundleBoy profile image70
    BundleBoyposted 7 years ago

Oh yeah! I feel the love smile

15. 0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago

I really love hub pages, I am just not up to facing a job and life out there, for the first time really, but this has been a bonus for me...

I sometimes come on here and read 20 or more hubs and enjoy them all, sometimes partake and occasionaly write a hub..... There is no pressure, and so much diversity.........  Lot's of very good writers, who would not hang around if it was not a good place to be.... Brenda x

16. EasyLearn profile image60
    EasyLearnposted 7 years ago

I got pulled in for "evil internet marketing reasons" but I find I really enjoy the community, meeting people, and actually READING the hubs.

It's nice.

17. raiderfan profile image60
    raiderfanposted 7 years ago

I feel more real in my real life

18. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

Everyone here is very nice. Most comments by the people here are usually positive ones. I was actually afraid to write my first hub, but after positive comments i wrote a few more. lol

RJSkainsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you all for responding to my question.

It's truly wonderful to kmow that people here are very willing to share their opinions and insight to anyone who asks.

Again, thank you Hubbers.