jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (29 posts)

Bing is New Powerful Search Engine!

1. AtlantaGaToday profile image61
    AtlantaGaTodayposted 7 years ago

Bing is the new MSN Search Engine and is already being well received. Some are calling it the "Decision Maker".

Obviously it has a long way to go to surpass Google, however  it's only been out a couple of weeks and is has surpassed Yahoo search engine in terms of market share.

Make sure to add your blog or site to this new engine...I'm already getting hits off it!

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Why on earth would you need to add a blog or site?

1. girly_girl09 profile image75
        girly_girl09posted 7 years ago in reply to this

LOL, I agree....if I have to add my site to it, it can't be that good! But seriously I haven't seen any massive increase...it's about the same as MSN traffic for me. Hopefully it will increase but the more I think about it, I'm not so sure it'd matter. I don't care what search engine people use to find my pages, as long as they get there! smile They're either going to use one or the other, really.

2. sunstreeks profile image82
    sunstreeksposted 7 years ago

I noticed some traffic coming from Bing. When I tried it out I really wasn't excited with the results though.

AtlantaGaTodayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It was just released at end of May so go it a little time. It has 16% market share...Google has 70%.

1. johnr54 profile image43
        johnr54posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Take a look at your Google Analytics before you start believing all the PR out there.  On all my sites over the last couple of days bing is running under 1/3 the traffic that Yahoo is, well under 5%.

AtlantaGaTodayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yahoo is down to 10% market share. I personally get more traffic from bing than Yahoo on my sites. I also believe Yahoo is geared towards the older crowd.

1. lumberjack profile image84
            lumberjackposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That older crowd is what you want if you're looking for ad revenue.

3. marisuewrites profile image60
    marisuewritesposted 7 years ago

I'll give it a try, can't hurt!!   smile  Thanks!

4. earnestshub profile image86
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

I have been using it a bit lately, it does not compete with Google yet, but it is pretty good.

5. soni2006 profile image45
    soni2006posted 7 years ago

Heard it for the first time over here. Will definitely check it out today.

6. jcales profile image73
    jcalesposted 7 years ago

comparisons have shown Bing to give better results as the bounce rate is lower (means people stay longer on the website)
    do a search for that and I am sure you will find it.

It is about time to. Google is becoming too too big showing their youtube crap and commercial / retail products on some searches. You be the judge.

1. soni2006 profile image45
      soni2006posted 7 years ago in reply to this

that's interesting. i will do the research.

7. William F. Torpey profile image83
    William F. Torpeyposted 7 years ago

With a name like "Bing" how can they go wrong?

8. getpaidtopost profile image61
    getpaidtopostposted 7 years ago

I made an article on bing let me go find it and ill post the link here. To be honist though I think its the best search out there for speed and stopping them wasted clicks. Ill find the link now.

9. getpaidtopost profile image61
    getpaidtopostposted 7 years ago

here is the link, I have done a full review of bings new engine hope you like it. http://bumdig.com/2009/06/07/what-is-bing/

10. Shalini Kagal profile image81
    Shalini Kagalposted 7 years ago

William....LOL!

It looks good!

11. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

It always take me a while to warm up to one of these new things.  I like Google.  It's somehow simpler.

12. 0
    rethansmithposted 7 years ago

I hate the bing logo.

13. rastrother profile image61
    rastrotherposted 7 years ago

yeah the bing logo is gay but those are the one's that usually come out on top

14. embitca profile image86
    embitcaposted 7 years ago

Oddly, I seem to be getting more Bing traffic than I got when it was MSN or Live or whatever it was called. Weird, but good. More traffic is good.

1. getpaidtopost profile image61
      getpaidtopostposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This is because people are finding it better than other search engines. I for one think its the best for getting the results you want in the fastest time.

1. Cdejarnatt profile image83
        Cdejarnattposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree with both statements. I am getting more traffic since it has changed to Bing and also I have tried the search engine and it gave me much more relevant results than Google.

15. HealthCare Basics profile image82
    HealthCare Basicsposted 7 years ago

Do you blog on Bing? I signed up but had no clue where on the site you could post articles by to hubpages. I have use twitter and diggs, but they were easy to navigate. Any suggestions appreciated.....

16. lxxy profile image60
    lxxyposted 7 years ago

Dood, how many of you has Microsoft paid?

they paid me 50 cent (; lol

17. Pete Maida profile image60
    Pete Maidaposted 7 years ago

I don't get the relative value of search engines.  I type in words and they all seem to do the same thing.  I don't see that the change to Bing made any difference at all to me.

bing saves you from clicking a website but at the same time shows you more information on the website, including page links which makes possible the navigation of a search result without clicking the result. Since the bing launch I have not looked back. Bing is the search for me.

18. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

Search engines are how we obtain the majority of our traffic.  My search engine traffic is as follows by numbers:

Google
    Yahoo
    MSN
    Bing

working