I have tried pasting in the amazon box in the code box and in a text box all to no avail I must be missing something simple all I want is to have a banner or Omakase links can anyone help?
You add an Amazon Capsule.
And you insert the ASIN or ISBN.
HubPages does the rest.
Thanks so much for taking the time to give me an answer, but when I go to Amazon and pick a banner all it gives me is a load of html it does not give me ASIN or ISBN just html. I have put some Amazon stuff on by choosing the keywords option in the Amazon box but then I am not sure that this will be on my account as I have not got the code that has my affiliate ID which is incorporated in the html. This is driving me batty I feel really dim not being able to sort this out.
You set your asin code on the affiliate settings page. Here are the amazon signup instructions, if you've already got an account start with step #6. Once that's done, you just edit a hub and click on the amazon capsule at the top of the right column (and then configure the capsule). You don't ever need to paste code or banners from Amazon.
I have done all that Paul so is my ASIN code my Amazon ID? and if I use the Amazon box on my hubpage will it be identified by amazon as coming from my hub?
ASINs are unique identifiers assigned to each product Amazon sells (you can usually find them somewhere on the product page). You can use ASINs to program an Amazon Capsules on HubPages to display specific products (or you can use keyword searches, if you prefer).
Your Amazon Affiliate id is typically a string followed by -20, such as "hubpages-20". That's what you should enter on the affiliate settings page (which you appear to have done). As long as it is set, any amazon capsule you add to a hub will be displayed with your code 60% of the time (HubPages gets the other 40%).
To add to what Paul has said, do a normal search at Amazon for the products you want, as if you were going to buy them, then once you've found it, and clicked through, you'll find the ASIN or the ISBN on the page.
Use CTRL F and type in ASIN and find next, you'll quickly find it that way.
ASIN is the Amazon product number for most of their items. Unless you're looking at books, and then it's the ISBN. So if it's a book do a search on the page for the ISBN rather than the ASIN.
by premsingh9 years ago
If one is left behind in technoogical race, he is always at a loss. It always hurts me that there is no provision for pasting a HTML code at hubpages. There may be a policy of HP for not including this...
by Barbara C7 years ago
I have just had my amazon affiliate account approved & I didn't realise that any products I wanted to link to my hubs would be shown in Dollars and not Sterling.Is there an easy way of rectifying this or do I have...
by Mary Tinkler8 years ago
apparently I am not set up right for referrals to Amazon. I have the code but do not know where to find the place I paste the code to HTML. Also do I have to do this with every hub I write?
by Mark Ewbie23 months ago
It would be nice to add links to merchandise from HubPages articles - same as the Amazon capsule.
by Adam Harkus12 months ago
Not that I was making any money from them, but why has my directly related Amazon product link been snipped in the hub-pro edit ?I could understand snipped competitor products, but what is the point of having ebay /...
by SaraHays7 years ago
I am SO frustrated trying to figure this out!!I am trying to add my Amazon HTML code to my webpage - but WHAT webpage are they talking about?Here are the steps I've followed so far: On the Associates page (Amazon) under...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.