Hub pages abnormally slow!

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Is anyone else having this problem?  It took 8 minutes for Hubpages to come up this morning & posting is taking around 3 minutes??  Are they doing maintenance work?

1. Anath profile image62
      Anathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am experiencing the same and graphics keep dissapearing after saved!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Good, it's just not me. It's been painfully slow.

3. XTASIS profile image61
    XTASISposted 14 years ago

The same ! It takes me more than 2 min. to post

4. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Okay, I just received an message when I tried to post saying Hubpages is undergoing maintenance, check back later.

Actually, this is a good thing for me, I need to write & not play in the forum big_smile

5. alexd181 profile image61
    alexd181posted 14 years ago

I thought it was my internet connection acting up. It's taking a while to load pages from Hub Pages.

6. buckey777 profile image75
    buckey777posted 14 years ago

I was thinking that it was time to clear my cookies or something but last night I got a Server under maintence page. However it's been like this since a little after 1am est.

7. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I'm experiencing the same thing. At one point, I got a page that said that HP was down for scheduled upgrades. That went away after about 5 minutes, and then the slooooooowness!

8. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Yes, it's been this way since last night.  Crank, crank, crank.

9. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 14 years ago

Glad someone started this thread - thought my internet connection was playing up!

10. Cls1321 profile image61
    Cls1321posted 14 years ago

ffs lol thought it was my internet too !

11. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 14 years ago

I was thinking it was just me.  Maybe there is a lot of people on Hubpages today.

12. Rik Ravado profile image85
    Rik Ravadoposted 14 years ago

My earnings and traffic are down too - presumably people aren't hanging around when the page is so slow to load ...sad

13. buckey777 profile image75
    buckey777posted 14 years ago

Well think of it in the shoes of the readers. If I were coming to a page that was slow loading to doesn't load at all I'm going to move on to the next result on my search engine. So yeah profit and trafic lost. Please fix soon hubpages.com smile

14. Anti-Valentine profile image73
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

Yeah, the pages might be loading slower than usual, and sometimes they don't load at all, especially in the forums. If I try to post something, it doesn't go through. I tried taking care of a few things from my end as was recommended by some other hubbers, but it didn't really resolve the problem.

15. Lady_E profile image60
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Has been slow but It could be due to maintenance.  While in Forums earlier today, a page came up on my screen, indicating HP was doing maintenance and I just logged out.

16. manlypoetryman profile image80
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

I think they've found the problem...It will be back up running like normal after this scheduled break time...

http://mysite.verizon.net/res1ubnz/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/hamster2.jpg

1. manlypoetryman profile image80
      manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank You, Larry...

http://www.ayurvedictalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/sunflower-seeds.jpg

http://ai.pricegrabber.com/pi/6/59/01/65901728_160.jpg

Thanks for getting "everything" up and running again

17. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Wow, like the rest of you, I thought I had screwed up my computer system some way. Good to know, I won't try and fix what isn't broken.

18. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

I've been out of HP almost all day. Couldn't get past moderating comments. Every time I try to moderate, I kept getting errors. I've finally gotten steady flow of service for a good minute.

19. funride profile image67
    funrideposted 14 years ago

Sorry guys... it must have been my presence here big_smile

I never thought that my come back could provoke such a mess LOL.

Now seriously, I have also experience that same slowly response from HP but now things seems much better wink

1. Anti-Valentine profile image73
      Anti-Valentineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry about you getting snubbed just now. Manlypoetryman knows what I'm on about.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All your fault...

it's better now smile

20. larryfreeman profile image78
    larryfreemanposted 14 years ago

Hi Everyone,

We have found the issue which was causing the slowdown.  It should now be fixed.

If the web site is still going slow for you, please let us know

Thanks,

-Larry

21. Jeffrey_L profile image59
    Jeffrey_Lposted 14 years ago

Yeah it's pretty much the same over here on my side.

22. Anti-Valentine profile image73
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

@manlypoetryman

You and your pictures again! smile Where's Rodney Dangerfield? wink

23. manlypoetryman profile image80

http://www.rikksrevues.com/rodney_dangerfield.jpg

Much Humor in pics!

You got it. A picture is worth a thousand words...

24. manlypoetryman profile image80

http://www.roadogz.com/images/stories/stooges.jpg

Nyuk...Nyuk...Nyuk...

*Sigh* lol

25. yoshi97 profile image55
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

We have a Larry?

I've been here two months and never knew ...

How come nobody told me we had a Larry that fixed things?

Hey Larry! Um ... My cellphone has been acting kinda wacky ... any chance ya could fix that? smile

Yeah, Larry is one of the HP techs, and does a lot of stuff behind the scenes.

He started showing his face more and more this year. Don't know about the cellphone though.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)