jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Signing up for Ebay Partner Network - Need help

1. licketysplit profile image61
    licketysplitposted 7 years ago

So I've decided to try to sign up for an EPN account again, this time using the Hubpages domain - problem is that the instructions given by Hubpages doesn't match Ebay's actual process.

The problem starts once I get to this step:

"After a few more self explanatory questions, an email will be sent to you with a link to activate your account. Click that link and you'll be taken to a Web page that confirms that your account has been activated."

Ummm, no - Ebay doesn't send me a link to activate my account; they send me an e-mail telling me to confirm my domain, which I can't do until I get an EPN ID number, which I seemingly can't get until I confirm my domain... Needless to say, I don't see how this is going to work. Everything from that point on in Hubpages' guide doesn't have anything to do with the way that Ebay requires people to activate their account as far as I can see. I take it the guide is outdated?

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated...

1. OhGreg profile image79
      OhGregposted 7 years ago in reply to this

When you got the informational letter from ePN there was a link to a confirmation page (this is Step 4), if you click on that you will notice that there is a check box that says "I cannot validate one or more of my domains." Just check that box and enter something like this "I publish informational articles and tutorials at Hubpages.com which does not allow me to add the text file you are requesting to it's directory." Press Update and ePN will then manually check your site for validation.

Good Luck, love your hubs!!!

1. Gemsong profile image85
        Gemsongposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I did that and still nothing. it's been over a week. I sent an email and still haven't gotten a response.

2. gamergirl profile image59
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

Try sending an email and outlining your problem to the folks at CJ:

3. Balinese profile image61
    Balineseposted 7 years ago

got problem  to sign up with ebay - piss me off . tried   3 times and stil not working .

4. Ronaldos profile image80
    Ronaldosposted 7 years ago

I also have a proble. After i apply it says i am not allowed or something like that. why?

5. bigmikeh profile image77
    bigmikehposted 7 years ago

Not sure if this helps but here's a link to the instructions posted a while back just after EPN changed their rules.